Accompong Town Maroon Village Private Tour
Visit the Accompong Town Village for the annual Maroon celebration, with a private guide. Watch traditional Maroon myal drumming performances and dance, taste local cuisine, and see traditional costumes. Enjoy personalized attention from your dedicated guide and private round-trip transportation from your hotel/Villa.
per adult from
7 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- complementary bottle water/red stripe beer
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission- Accompong Town Village
- Entry/Admission - Accompong Village
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Accompong Village, Santa Cruz Jamaica
Begin your private day tour with convenient pickup from your Villa/hotel. In a private vehicle, start up into the mountains outside of town, bound for the Accompong Town Maroon Village, founded by escaped slaves who struck a deal with the British in the mid 18th-century.
Upon arrival, pay your respects to Cudjoe's Monument.Learn the history of the town and how it came to be self-governing through the Peace Treaty of March 1, 1739. Continue your tour to see all the highlights and landmarks of this remarkable town, including the local school, the Kindah “One Family” Tree, the community cemetery, and the tallest spot in Accompong Town.
January 6th is the day of the annual celebration, which includes traditional myal drumming, dancing, and marching at the parade ground. Share ceremonial food such as pork, yams, and rooster, prepared in a traditional cooking pit. This day-long party draws visitors from all over the island, and the residents share their heritage and their celebration.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
If name of hotel is not listed please type when booking.Guest should be waiting in the lobby area of hotel for driver.We pickup from most hotel/villa in Montego Bay and other accommodations.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Infant seats are available upon request
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.