Acropolis of Athens Segway Tour
Discover the Acropolis of Athens by Segway on this 2-hour tour, led by a local guide! On your self-balancing electric Segway, glide through the neighborhoods that line the slopes of the UNESCO-listed Acropolis, such as Plaka (Athens’ Old Town) and Thiseio. Explore the Ancient Agora of Athens and stop at monuments like the Temple of Hephaestous, all while hearing tales about Classical Greece from your guide.
This small-group Segway tour is limited to 12 people, ensuring you’ll receive special attention from your guide.
per adult from
What's included :
- Tour guide
- Segway safety briefing
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Meet your local guide at your chosen time – 10am, 12pm or 4pm – and start with an orientation session to get familiar with your two-wheeled, electric, self-balancing Segway. Once you feel comfortable, you’ll glide along tree-lined streets to the foothills of the UNESCO-listed Acropolis of Athens – the ancient citadel and archeological site that dominates the city.
On the northeastern slopes of the Acropolis is the neighborhood of Plaka -- the city’s Old Town -- home to a cluster of trendy bars and cafés that you'll see as you pass through. Head into bustling Monastiraki, the quarter that’s famous for its colorful flea market and glide past the ruins of Hadrian’s Library – a Corinthian structure built by the Roman emperor in 132 AD.
Just to the east of Monastiraki is the district of Thiseio, home to the Ancient Agora of Athens; once the heart of the ancient city, it's now an intriguing courtyard ruin complete with Doric columns typical of the Classical era. After stopping to take photos and listen to tales about the agora from your guide, glide around, soaking up its highlights like the beautifully preserved Temple of Hephaestous.
Head outside the agora to see Athens’ New Acropolis Museum where hundreds of artifacts from the Acropolis’ Archaic period are now housed. As you weave back down the slopes of the Acropolis, pass Mars Hill where you can see the incredible Rock of Ares (Aereopagus) and marvel at the panoramic views over the city.
After exploring the highlights of the ancient site with your guide, glide back to a location near the start point where your tour ends.
Departure Point :Eschinou 9, Athina 105 58, Greece
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Passengers must weigh between 100 and 250 pounds (46 and 113 kilos).
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.