Adelaide City to Sea Bike Tour
Experience Adelaide like a local on this fun, unique and fully guided small group bike tour that takes you from the city to the beach! Enjoy a relaxed and easy ride through the heart of the city to the vibrant Riverbank Precinct, along the serene trails of the River Torrens and onto the blue seas and golden sands of Henley Beach. After a well deserved break and delicious morning tea, enjoy striking coastal views as your ride continues along the spectacular foreshore to reach the cosmopolitan town of Glenelg.
No need to cycle back - stay and enjoy the seaside! The tour concludes in Glenelg and the bikes are collected. Choose to catch the tram back to the city at your leisure (ticket included), or if preferred come back in the pureSA vehicle upon arrival in Glenelg.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Small-group tour (maximum 10)
- Experienced guide
- Quality bikes and helmets
- Brunch - includes tea, coffe or juice along with a choice of savory roll or a sweet dessert
- Central departure location
- Tram Ticket included for return if required
- Entry/Admission - Glenelg Tram
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: pureSA tours, 111 Franklin St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
Explore Adelaide on two wheels - cycle at a relaxing pace on comfortable bikes and see parts of Adelaide that you wouldn’t ordinarily experience. This fun and engaging outdoor tour provides an active and alternative way to get to the beach from the City. It is also a great way to explore some of Adelaide’s best must do’s with plenty of picture stops and surprises along the way.
Stop At: Adelaide Oval, War Memorial Drive, Adelaide, South Australia 5006 Australia
Experience the vibrant Riverbank Precinct - starting from the heart of the City, cycle to the bustling Riverbank Precinct home to significant and historic buildings, sports events and public spaces. Sights include the Festival Centre, Elder Park, the Adelaide Convention Centre, the historic rowing sheds and the new $40 million landmark Riverbank Bridge that links the world famous Adelaide Oval with the City.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: River Torrens Linear Park Trail, Torrens River From Henley Beach to the Adelaide Foothills, Henley Beach, Charles Sturt, South Australia 5000 Australia
Ride the serene River Torrens Linear trail - enjoy the peace and tranquillity of the river, parks and wetlands as you ride through an 1800’s cemetery, cross under viaducts and bridges and appreciate the serenity of nature in this continually changing landscape. As the river trail comes to an end, you start to feel the ocean breeze and will soon be amazed by the breathtaking coastal views.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Henley Beach, Charles Sturt, South Australia 5022 Australia
Discover the relaxed atmosphere of Henley Beach - the recently redeveloped Henley Square offers the perfect place to take a break and re-energise over a delicious morning brunch while getting some insider tips from your guide. Henley is one of the ‘go to’ beaches for locals to hang out and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere. Take a walk on the jetty and keep an eye out for the occasional pod of dolphins that visit the foreshore.
Cycle along the spectacular coastline - heading south along the dedicated cycle path, take in the expansive views along the coastline toward the Fleurieu Peninsula. Get a feel for the South Australian coastal lifestyle as you ride past beach side houses, sailing clubs and sand dunes.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Glenelg Beach, Glenelg, South Australia 5045 Australia
The final stretch takes you through the stylish Marina Pier complex and Glenelg Foreshore. Stay and explore the coastal town of Glenelg - the final stop is at the popular cosmopolitan town of Glenelg – ideal for swimming, dining and entertainment. Shop on the bustling Jetty Road, discover the museums and galleries or simply find a place to relax and enjoy an ice cream. Take the time to walk along the sandy white shores and feel the sand between your toes or have a swim in the calm blue sea while soaking up some sunshine.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Glenelg Tram, Adelaide, South Australia Australia
Catch the iconic Glenelg tram back to the City - your return to the City is your choice! You can either return at your own leisure via the iconic Glenelg tramway or choose to travel back in the group's bus upon arrival in Glenelg.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :pureSA tours, 111 Franklin St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Moseley Square, Glenelg SA 5045, Australia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age of 12
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking (minimum 148cm)
- Tour concludes in Glenelg at approximately 1:30pm
- Tour follows designated bike lanes, paths and trails suitable for all levels of riding ability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Pure SA follow recommendations of the South Australian Health department with COVID-19 health, safety and operational protocols in accordance with regulations covering tour operations. The full policy can be read on the Pure SA website. Note, face masks are not mandatory but are available.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.