Adventure Trekking & Camping. Alto Madidi Natn Park. Esp Guide. Virgin Jungle
Welcome to the "UNKNOWN" Jungle. Explore the outskirts of Madidi National Park which will bring you into the jungle and rainforest. You will forge your own new trails, name them, explore them. Live amongst the wild like the adventurer you are. This unique tour will bring out the Tarzan in you, you will fall in love with your surroundings, you will get your hands dirty, build your own fire, set up camp.
This is a once in a lifetime experience!!!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- TRANSPORT BUS ROUNDTRIP FROM LA PAZ. LA PAZ - IXIAMAS - LA PAZ (PICK UP @ BUS TERMINAL -IXIAMAS)
- NATIVE EXPERT GUIDE - SPANISH
- CAMPING EQUIPMENT
- BOAT - FREE USE
- HOTEL accomodation - 1st night when you arrive in Ixiamas
- Bottled water
- WELCOME DINNER WITH THE GUIDES
- WELCOME LUNCH WITH THE GUIDES
- FAREWELL MEAL WITH THE GUIDES - AFTER THE TOUR ENDS
- HOTEL IN IXIAMAS (IF YOU DECIDE TO STAY THERE ONCE THE TOUR ENDS) – ONE NIGHT ONLY (DAY TOUR ENDS)
- Entry/Admission - Parque Nacional Madidi
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Snacks - THESE ARE PERSONAL TO THE PERSON AND WE ADVISE TO BRING DIFFERENT TYPE OF SNACKS THAT YOU LIKE, ALSO SNACKS THAT GIVE YOU A BURST OF ENERGY
- ENTRANCE FEES - 200Bs ($29) into the National Park
- FLIGHT TICKETS TO RURRENABAQUE – WE CAN RESERVE THEM AT AN ADDITIONAL COST
- LUGGAGE PORTER (SHERPA) – AVAILABLE AT AN ADDITIONAL COST
- TORCHES, HEADLAMPS - STRONGLY ADVISED TO BRING
- HOTEL IN RURRENABAQUE (IF YOU STAY THERE ONCE THE TOUR ENDS) – AVAILABLE @ AN ADDITIONAL COST
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parque Nacional Madidi, Franz Tamayo, Bolivia
You will see and experience what an Amazon jungle has to offer!
Madidi National Park and the jungle is home to:
- 5515 species of plants
- 1869 species of butterflies
- 1028 species of birds
- 397 species of fish
- 265 species of mammals
- 109 species of amphibians
- 104 species of reptiles
YOU WILL DEFINITELY SEE THIS BIODIVERSITY OF FAUNA & FLORA!
DAY 1: NB: Times are best estimates.
06:00am: Transport (Car) from Ixiamas to Rio Colorado (3hrs.aprox.)
10:00am: Breakfast at Rio Colorado
10:45am: First day trekking (Approx. 5-6 hrs.) multiple stops for rest and feeding.
Observation (flora & fauna) at its best, guide will explain medicinal plants/herbs and
animal species that habit Madidi.
18:00pm: Arrive at the first camping point at San Carlos
Set up camp
Wash-up et al (crystal Waters of the stream/creek)
Welcome to the Jungle ceremony by the guide!
During the night, you can hear, feel the steps and breadth of all kinds of wild
animals (including Jaguars).
06:30am: Early morning start, view the animal footprints that surrounded you around the
camp overnight and early in the morning.
08:00am: Leave the camp and continue trekking (approx. 5hrs.)
Observation of the surrounding biodiversity (Jaguar footprints, other animals,
gigantic and cultural trees, monkeys, birds, tapirs and more…)
13:00pm: Arrive at the second camp at Alto Madidí
Wash-up et al in Rio Madidi
17:00pm: Explore the surrounding area
Spectecular sunset over Rio Madidí
Sport fishing – Catch and Release
Night boat ride to observe Caimans and stargazing (milky way)
Guide: Real-life stories and history of what’s happened in the jungle.
05:00am: Sunrise over Madidí
Photo session to take some brilliant photos
07:00am: Boat ride down the river to the last camp point (approx. 5hrs.)
12:00pm: Arrive at 3rd camp point - Playa Rio Madidí
Wash-up et al in the waters of Rio Madidí
Sport fishing – Catch and Release
Last night of camping. Early night as we will be waking up early to start our
return back to Ixiamas.
07:00am: Trek back to Rio Colorado (5hrs.)
14:00pm: Arrive at pick-up point and return by car to Ixiamas (3hrs.)
18:00pm: Arrive Ixiamas
1 night in Ixiamas (hotel included) and leave the following day to La Paz 11:00am
After the farewell dinner in Ixiamas, leave for Rurrenabaque and the next day
journey back to La Paz (BUS OR FLIGHT)
Transport to Rurrenabaque (included). Hotel in Rurrenabaque (not included),
Flight & Bus back to La Paz from Rurrenabaque (not included)
As well seeing the amazing fauna and flora, you will get to camp in the jungle, sail along Rio Madidi, Catch and Release fishing. Visit indigenous communities. Camp in the jungle, by the river. Create your own jungle trails as this unchartered jungle you will be exploring. The guides will even name your trail after you should you wish so.
This is a unique tour, not many enter this part of the jungle and national park, only 6 people a year do this trek.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from hotels/hostels, airport, bus terminals Airports
- Rurrenabaque Airport, Rurrenabaque Bolivia
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with service animals. The jungle is extremely dangerous for the service animals
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.