After Dark Tasmanian Devil Feeding Tour at Cradle Mountain
The after dark feeding tour is an experience that is unique to Devils@Cradle. This tour provides an unforgettable experience, and the opportunity to observe these extraordinary animals whilst one of our keepers gives you a greater understanding of them, and details the conservation work being undertaken within the facility. Devils and quolls are primarily nocturnal species, therefore are far more active at night, and the introduction of food generally stimulates some fierce competition between them. We use environmentally sensitive lighting and focus on the social interactions and feeding habits of these unique carnivores, allowing visitors a rare up close opportunity of seeing Tasmanian devils in a group feeding situation - quite a spectacular sight!
per adult from
1 hour 15 minutes
What's included :
- Local guide
- Free onsite parking
- Entry/Admission - Devils @ Cradle
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attraction not available. Guests are required to make their own way to Devils@Cradle reception.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Devils @ Cradle, 3950 Cradle Mountain Rd, Cradle Mountain, TASMANIA 500m from the entrance to Cradle Mountain National Park, Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania 7306 Australia
Guests are able to arrive prior to the tour start time and self-guide within the sanctuary until the commencement of the tour. The after dark feeding tour begins in our interpretation centre at 5.30 PM, with a brief introduction to the three species managed within the sanctuary followed by a short film. The second, and larger, part of the tour involves a guided walk outside, within the sanctuary itself. The tour guide will enter the enclosures and feed a number of these animals whilst interpreting their behaviour and discussing biology, threats and conservation; answering any questions visitors may have.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Devils@Cradle, Devils at Cradle, 3950 Cradle Mountain Rd, Cradle Mountain TAS 7306, Australia
Departure Time :5:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A small amount of walking is involved with some uneven surfaces
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- Photography Welcome
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Currently restricted group size
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.