Afternoon in Venice Walking tour with Doge's Palace and Gondola Ride
• Discover the history of the famous Doge's Palace;
• Visit the prisons of the Doge's Palace by crossing the Bridge of Sighs;
• A guided walk away from the crowds to discover hidden Venice;
• Fully qualified local guide covering the area between Saint Mark's Square and Rialto;
• External visit of the most popular Venetian sights and hidden corners: the Fenice Theatre, the Bovolo Staircase and Rialto Bridge;
• Gondola ride along the minor canals and the Grand Canal;
• Great photos opportunities;
• Pick up from centrally located meeting point;
• Live audio commentary.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Guided Tour of the Doge's Palace;
- Guided Tour of the area covering Saint Mark's Square and the Rialto Bridge;
- 30 minute shared Gondola ride steered by Gondolier;
- Personal audio system and headset for tour commentary.
- Entry/Admission - Doge's Palace
- Entry/Admission - Gondola Bauer
- Entry/Admission - Museo Correr
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off;
- Optional gratuities;
- Hidden itineraries in the Doge's Palace;
- The gondola ride is not a guided tour.
- Entry/Admission - Teatro La Fenice
- Entry/Admission - Scala Contarini del Bovolo
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Doge's Palace, Piazza San Marco, 1, 30124 Venice Italy
Discover the Doge's Palace, one of the most important symbols of Venice and for centuries, the historical seat of the most important political power of the Serene Venetian Republic.
Meet your professional guide in Saint Mark's Square who will escort you into this magnificent palace, to visit the halls of power, and immerse yourself in medieval Europe, among hundreds of masterpieces.
Dominating Saint Mark's Square, the heart of Venice, the Doge's Palace stands out for its size and its extraordinary structure, where Byzantine, European and Oriental architecture collide. Immediately entering the Palace you will pass through the great courtyard and admire the wealth of detail on the famous Golden Staircase.
Once inside the Palace, you will visit the halls where the Duke (Doge) and his Council controlled the fate of the Serene Republic, whilst surrounded by hundreds of artistic masterpieces and discover the political history of Venice and its people. You will be able to admire the paintings realized by some of the most important artists of the Italian Renaissance, amongst them, the world's largest oil painting by Tintoretto.
Passing through the famous Bridge of Sighs, you will reach the new prisons. The bridge was given its name by the English poet Lord Byron, probably referring to the last breath of the prisoners, who had their last view of the lagoon and of Venice from the window of this bridge, before they were to be imprisioned.
The first part of the tour concludes in the courtyard of the Doge's Palace.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Ponte di Rialto, Ruga degli Orefici (Rialto) San Polo, 30125 Venice Italy
You will proceed later with your guide discovering Venice’s most unusual and characteristic corners during this charming walking tour.
Experience a lesser-known Venice, wandering through its back streets and small hidden squares starting just outside Saint Mark's Square and reaching Rialto Bridge, and learn a little about what its like living in this unique city.
Let yourself be lead through the labyrinth of alleyways, squares or “campi” and hear about the history, stories and the local Venetian dialect.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Teatro La Fenice, Campo San Fantin San Marco 1965, 30124 Venice Italy
On leaving the square, you will stop in front of the Fenice Theatre, one of the most famous Opera House's in Europe, learn about its glorious but also troubled history.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Scala Contarini del Bovolo, San Marco, 4303, 30124 Venice Italy
Passing through other hidden corners of the city you will be able to discover the history of Venice, through its prominent architectural sights.
Admire the Bovolo Staircase, a Renaissance masterpiece, and one of Venice's finest architectural jewels; this fascinating and complex spiral staircase is part of the Palazzo Contarini del Bovolo and dates from 1499. It is tucked away in a small courtyard close to Campo Manin.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Gondola Bauer, Calle Larga XXII Marzo, 2091/b, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
End the tour with a gondola ride, this is the perfect way to appreciate the beauty, charm and colour of this unique city built on water. This traditional Venetian mode of transport, departs from campo San Moise, where you will be invited to relax aboard this historic vessel. Admire Venice from this amazing point of view, witness its magnificent architecture, and whilst gliding under its bridges, discover secret entrances to the elegant palaces and hidden corners of the city. The gondola ride is not a guided tour - words are not required to embrace the beauty of seeing Venice from the water.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Museo Correr, Piazza San Marco San Marco 52, 30124 Venice Italy
At the end of the tour, keep your Doge's Palace ticket to visit on your own: Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana in Saint Mark's square, opposite side of the Saint Mark's Basilica.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Torre dell'Orologio, P.za San Marco, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Departure Time :2:15 PM
Return Detail :Bauer Hotel, Sestiere de S.Marco, 1459, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to booked tour start time;
- This tour is not suitable if you have limited mobility;
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible;
- Backpacks are not allowed inside the Doge's Palace;
- Shared gondola with max. 6 people per gondola;
- Designated seating arranged by Gondolier due to balance of boat;
- This tour operates rain or shine;
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.