Agafay Desert & Berber villages & Atlas Mountains, Full Day Trip From Marrakech
Leave the city behind, and discover some of Morocco’s most wild and beautiful scenery, on this full-day, multi-part tour. Following pickup from your Marrakech hotel, drive past Berber villages and through eucalyptus forests. You’ll first discover the Agafay Desert, and will stop for mint tea next to Lalla Takarkoust Lake. Next, pause for a camel ride before heading into the High Atlas Mountains. You’ll enjoy a 3-course, locally cooked lunch before discovering the rugged scenery and charming villages in Toubkal National Park. Finally, return to Marrakech.
This tour makes it easy to explore beyond Marrakech city limits
Visit the Agafy Desert, Kik Plateau, Toubkal National Park, and more
Enjoy a 3-course, traditional Moroccan meal, plus mint tea
A camel ride is included in your itinerary
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Lunch - Tagine with chicken or vegetarian and salad Moroccan and dessert
- Tour Guide
- Camel ride
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Personal expanses
- This is a day trip to the foothills of the Atlas Mountains where you can enjoy trails with arid hills, oasis and valleys. After crossing a forest of eucalyptus, you will discover magnificent Berber villages before joining the closest desert to Marrakech. The landscape of the Agafay desert is covered with rare wild flowers, wheat and barley, but during the summer and autumn months it looks like a real desert with stony dunes running down the majestic Atlas Mountains. A stop for pictures is a must before heading to the lake of Lalla Takarkoust where you can have a refreshing cup of mint tea.
The excursion had just started, more breathtaking adventures and more amazing diverse landscapes are waiting to be discoverd . Heading up to the Atlas via Kik plateau with a stuning view of the snow-capped mountains, the next direction is to the camel ride point where you can set off for a pleasant half an hour stroll on the camels.
The driving continue deeper into the Atlas mountains and your next distination will be magnificent hidden villages scattred in the middel of the Toubkal National Park. The irresistible lunch cooked and served by locals, it self, is an unforgottable taste that you are trying for your first time .
After enjoying your three courses meal lunch in the roof top of a local guest house, a friendly local guide is going to take you for a walk through the typic hamlets and the green fields of the area before you drive back down to Marrakech via a different road.
Departure Point :
We are picking you up from your accommodation in Marrakesh. But sometimes it's needed to meet in the closest restaurant, popular attraction or car parking to your accommodation and of course we will contact you to agree about the meeting point if it's needed.
OtherMarrakesh, Morocco - I will pick you up from your hotel or Riad in Marrakech
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Marrakesh, Morocco - Dropped off in your hotel or riad
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.