Agafay Desert Full-Day Trip From Marrakech And Berber Villages & Camel Ride
If you don’t have the time to visit one of the most famous locations of the Sahara desert, which are several Days from Marrakech, the Agafay desert day trip, without any doubt is a charming alternative. Leave the bustling city of Marrakech behind and watch the landscape change as you move through rural farmland into the Agafay desert. On this tour you'll spend the day exploring the rocky terrain in the foothills of the Atlas Mountains, including a visit to Takerkouste lake and dam. See a number of villages spread across the desert and learn how the traditions of Berber life indoors and outdoors, with possibility to hike, before heading back to Marrakech in the evening. You can also discover traditional market days: Asni : Saturdays Tahenouete : Tuesdays
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or 4WD
- Lunch - Typical Lunch in a local Berber family house (Salad or soup+berber tagine+couscous+dessert+drinks)
- Professional mountains guide
- All entrance fees
- Coffee and/or Tea - Drinks
- Bottled water
- Camel Ride
What's excluded :
- Items of personal nature
- Taking a day trip from Marrakech to the Agafay Desert and the Kik Plateau is an incredible experience. Imagine seeing a stone desert, a peaceful lake, and a breathtaking Atlas Mountains & the the Berber villages all in one day. Add in a eucalyptus forest and charming Berber villages and you have a day trip of dreams. In fact, a day may not be long enough!
Departure from Marrakech early morning 08:30am, towards the high Atlas Mountains via Tahnaouet (localmarket on Tuesdays), Valley Ghighaya, Moulay Brahim gorges when we take a camel ride 30 to 40 minute, Asni (market on Saturdays) then between terraced fields of vegetables, fruit trees walnuts & cherries arrival to imlil 1740m, welcoming by a local guide with glass of mint tea, then walk through berber villages ( Ait Souka, Targa Imoula, Tagadirte, between fields of fruit trees walnut, cherries, apples, vegetables, then passing by a waterfall before you arrived to Armed village to have lunch at berber family with a view on the highest peak in North Africa Toubkal 4167m, visiting one of the oldest the villages in Atlas Mountains,.
A an Hour later small patches of green will start to show and not long after you will be back on the tarmac road side-lined by the old eucalyptus trees. You will arrive to the edge of the Lalla Takerkoust lake built as a dam where Marrakech gets its electricity from.
Continue to journey and enjoy the tranquility of the desert and the countryside with this day trip The route is shaded by lush vegetation, olive and orange orchards and passes through the occasional village of Ait Imour from where we will go off road and driving through a completely different scenery of stone desert, barren light brown plateaux, Bedouin village, Oasis then high hills with panoramic views on the High Atlas fromAgfay Desert, have your camera ready to take pictures to take Amazing photos and here we have a cup of mint tea in a nomad tent befor we head back to Marrakech with drop-off at your hotel at approximately 6pm.
Departure Point :Jemaa el-Fna, Jamaâ El-Fna, Marrakech 40000, Morocco
The pick up and drop off service From to your Hotel are offered
OtherJemaa el-Fna, Jamaâ El-Fna, Marrakech 40000, Morocco - Argana Cafe
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.