Alaska Wildlife Tour
Experience the highlights of Turnagain Arm on the scenic Seward Parkway! This road is often considered as one of America's most scenic drives, and this 4-hour tour helps bring you to the gorgeous natural scenery. Stop at lookouts like Beluga Point for to snap a couple of photos, and keep an eye out for dall sheep, eagles, moose, and other wildlife. Learn about animal rehabilitation at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, and enjoy the stunning natural beauty on this small group Alaska wildlife tour.
Activity Level: EASY
Guests should be able to walk short distances on uneven ground. Trails surfaces vary from paved to uneven natural terrain. Tour participants must be able to walk a short distance and be able to get in/out of the tour vehicle with minimal assistance.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Anchorage area hotels only
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting point
- Professional local guide
- Professional photographer guide (when available)
- Light snacks and water
- Entry/Admission - Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks (please note the tour does not stop for lunch)
- Pickups from businesses, private homes, apartments or B&B's. If this is your case, please contact the supplier for the nearest pick up location.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Seward Highway, AK
Experience the highlights of the Turnagain Arm! This day tour departs Anchorage for the scenic drive south along the edge of the Turnagain Arm on the Seward Parkway. This road is considered to be America’s most beautiful and scenic road, crossing mountain passes and majestic valleys. Along the way we will try to spot moose, eagles and other wildlife. On our way towards the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, we will make a couple of stops for photo opportunities at Beluga Point and Bird Point.
Stop At: Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, Mile 79 Seward Highway, Girdwood, Anchorage, AK 99587
We will visit the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center. The AWCC opened to the public in 1993. It is located on 140 acres at the southern edge of Turnagain Arm and the entrance to Portage Valley. The center’s mission is to provide care and rehabilitation for injured and orphaned wildlife and to provide wildlife education and awareness. Animals that are unable to be released or survive in the wild are given refuge in the center's spacious habitats. Here people can safely get close, observe and photograph some of Alaska's largest land animals, including moose, bison, elk, deer, caribou, bears muskox, small mammals and birds of prey. During spring and summer, visitors can often witness the rehabilitation of orphaned baby animals of various species.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!Hotel pick-ups for this tour start approximately 30 minutes prior to the tour time on your voucher. Tour will begin after hotel all pick ups are complete. Tour times are approximate and can be affected by accidents on the road and/or road construction. ABOUT HOTEL PICK-UPSHotel pick ups are limited to three (3) hotels per tour. These pick ups are based on a first-come first-serve basis so book early to confirm your pick up. Actual pick up location may change even though you selected a hotel from the drop-down menu. You will be advised of the alternate pick up location if we have reach our maximum 3 pick up hotels.We do not pick up at private homes, businesses, apartments or B&B's, if this is your case, please call about alternate pick up location. Drop off at Anchorage's Ted Stevens International Airport may be available upon request.PLEASE PROVIDE US YOUR CONTACT INFORMATIONIt is important for us to know the location of your hotel and also a way to call you. Please provide a good cell number to call you while you are traveling in Alaska. Your home number or land line does not help us in contacting you. Also know that sometimes cell phones do not work well while in Alaska and if we cannot get in touch with you, we will not know where to pick you up!! CONFIRMATIONS - REMINDERS - PICK UP TIME - PICK UP LOCATIONWe will use the cell phone number that you provide us to text you and update you with any changes to your tour and also to confirm the pick up time. We usually send you a text to confirm your pick details about 24 hours prior to your tour. You may also get another text message from your guide on the day of your tour. - Planet Earth Adventures.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide (English and Spanish)
- Activity level is easy. Guests should be able to walk short distances on uneven ground. Trails surfaces vary from paved to uneven natural terrain. Tour participants must be able to walk a short distance and be able to get in/out of the tour vehicle with minimal assistance.We strongly recommend that guests requiring assistance be accompanied by a companion who is capable of, and totally responsible for, providing assistance. Neither Planet Earth Adventures nor our suppliers may physically lift or assist guests onto transportation vehicles or otherwise.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.