Alexandria 1 Day by Car from Cairo
Pay a visit to Egypt's beautiful second city. See rock-cut Roman catacombs, the ruins of a Roman temple complex, and Qaitbey Citadel. Visit the Bibleotheca Alexandrina and enjoy fresh seafood by the Mediterranean.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Entry/Admission - Fort Qaitbey
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fort Qaitbey, 29 88545 N 31. 21372 E, Alexandria 21599 Egypt
We will pick you up from your hotel in Cairo and start with you an amazing day trip to Alexandria. First we will visit Pompay's Pillar. It was constructed in honor of the Emperor Diocletian at the end of the 4th century. Originally from the temple of the Serapis, it was once a magnificent structure rivaling the Soma and the Caesarean. Then we continue the tour with a visit to the Catacombs, which are the largest Roman Cemetery consisting of three levels cut in the rock. Lunch will be served at a local restaurant in Alexandria, and then we proceed to see the Qaitbay Citadel, which was built on the site of the ancient pharaohs (lighthouse) of Alexandria. Afterwards we will proceed with the Bibliotheca Alexandrina.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Cairo and Giza hotels
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.