All in One Day: Colosseum, Ancient Rome and Vatican City Guided Tour
Enjoy this 6-hour tour to see the main features of the Eternal City! You will start with this skip-the-line group tour after meeting up with your professional art historian guide. You will visit the Colosseum, Roman Forum, Palatine Hill. After a short break, reach our office near Vatican City.
Once here, you meet your guide and get ready to discover the main places and masterpieces inside the Vatican Museum. You will admire one of the most significant collections of art in the world, discovering legend and secrets about the Vatican. Food and drinks are not included in this tour.
Meeting time for the Colosseum tour is 30 minutes before the scheduled starting time. Meeting point: Tour in the City Agency, via Della Polveriera 11.
Meeting time for the Vatican tour is 30 minutes before the scheduled starting time. Meeting point: via Leone IV n.6
per adult from
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Professional Art historian Vatican guides
- Skip-the-line access
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Palatine Hill
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Meet your local guide in our office, in Via della Polveriera,8 and get ready to explore the hidden corners of the Colosseum. You will learn everything about the history and the architecture of this amazing building.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Palatine Hill, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
Explore Palatine Hill, the site of an older settlement from the 9th century BC, said by the legend as the place where Romulus founded the original city of Rome.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
And then explore the famous Roman Forum, the center of life in ancient Rome where many of the oldest and most important buildings were located and the venue for public speeches, elections, criminal trials, and single combat gladiatorial matches. The enchantment of the Roman Forum - where the main market took place - and the Sacred Way - the triumphal road where the Centurions of Caesar marched after their return from the countless battles and conquests.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
After your Colosseum Tour, reach our office next to the Vatican City, in Via Leone IV, 6 and, led by an expert guide, discover the treasures hosted by one of the largest and most-visited museums of the world enriched by a huge number of masterpieces collected through time.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
Between 1508 and 1512, under the patronage of Pope Julius II, Michelangelo painted the chapel's ceiling, a project which changed the course of Western art and is regarded as one of the major artistic accomplishments of human civilization. Today, it is the site of the papal conclave, the process by which a new pope is selected. The fame of the Sistine Chapel lies mainly in the frescos that decorate the interior, most particularly the ceiling and The Last Judgment by Michelangelo.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
You will visit the Basilica at your leisure, without the guide. Inside you can admire some Baroque masterpieces and the breathtaking Pietà by Michelangelo. You can also enjoy a moment of reflection in the Vatican caves.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :1: Via delle Terme di Tito, 72, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
2: Via Vespasiano, 28, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Customers have a mandatory meeting time stated 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time due to managing and organizational reasons.
- To get inside the Colosseum it is used group ticket and not individual one. It cannot be can asked just the ticket entrance.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and Vatican Museum. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The activity can suffer 20/30 min variation due to organizational resons
- You must have a valid photo ID to enter the monuments (student's ID, Driver License, Passport or State ID all work.) You will be asked to also provide your name, last name and date of birth (at the beginning of the tour, if not provided beforehand.) Security may prevent you from entering the site if the information provided is not accurate and/or don't match the one on your ID.
- Child discount is applied only with a valid ID card
- WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE TO VISIT THE BASILICA DURING RELIGIOUS HOLIDAYS AND CEREMONIES (Audiences, Beatifications, Masses of the POPE). The Basilica is often subject to sudden closures. In these cases it is not possible to guarantee access to the Basilica.
- For security reasons all visitors and their luggage shall be screened.
- Forbidden objects inside the Colosseum and the Vatican Museums: bottles and glasses containers, alcholic beverages and aerosols, backpacks, camping, bulky bags and luggage / trolley
- Can be introduced medium and small size backpacks to shoulder, which must be checked, as any other bag, with metal detectors, opened and visually inspected by the Urbe Security Institute, responsible for the entrance inspection
- Please notice that the Colosseum Administration, which depends on the Ministry of Cultural Assets and Activities has the faculty to close the Colosseum, or parts of it, with or without notice, for events, strikes, heavy rain, or any other reason. In which case, we will offer an alternative itinerary as it seems fit and offer a partial refund
- No change on a booking can be accepted after 24hrs to the starting time of the tour. In that instance, no refund will be issued.
- For the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Pets are not allowed
- Activity not recommended for people with motor lag
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Temperature checks for travelers at the Colosseum and the Vatican Museum entrance too. If the temperature is above 37,5° C (99,5°F), access will not be possible. No refund is available.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.