All-Inclusive Private Day Tour of Panda Volunteer Experience in Chengdu
On this day trip, you will work close to the giant pandas and volunteer with these lovely animals including panda food making, panda enclosures cleaning, and panda feeding, this panda volunteer experience will surely be one of the most memorable experiences of your life. Private transportation, English-speaking guide, local lunch, entrance fee and panda volunteering fee are all included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- English-speaking guide
- Panda volunteering fee
- Local lunch
- Bottled water
- Fuel surcharge and tax
- Hotel pickup & drop-off
- Entrance ticket fees
- Entry/Admission - Dujiangyan Panda Base
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dujiangyan, Dujiangyan, Sichuan
Meet your guide at 8:00 am from your Chengdu downtown hotel lobby, aboard a comfortable vehicle and drive approximately 1.5 hours to the Dujiangyan Panda Base, there you will spend full day as a Panda volunteer.
Dujiangyan Panda Base, also known as China Conservation and Research Center for Giant Panda Dujiangyan Base, is the only giant panda care, disease prevention and control institute in the world. The volunteers’ work is mainly about two aspects, sweeping and feeding.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Dujiangyan Panda Base, Dujiangyan 611830 China
Upon arrival, you will change into special uniforms and receive a short training in how to deal with the pandas. Your first chore is cleaning the panda enclosures and taking notes for record. After that, it is time to wash and carry fresh bamboo, prepare food like fruit, carrots and panda cakes, and distribute the food to the pandas. After your morning volunteer session, enjoy a local lunch at the center’s cafeteria and spend around 1 hour to stroll around the center and watch panda documentary. In the afternoon, you will help to cleaning the indoor and outdoor enclosures and making panda food, or you might have chance to record panda behavior based on the keeper’s schedule. You can take pictures of Giant Pandas and learn about each lovely panda.
After this once-in-a-lifetime volunteer experience at Panda Base, you will receive a volunteer certificate and the satisfaction of contributing to a great cause, then enjoy comfortable transfer back to your hotel to conclude the trip.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from centrally located Chengdu hotels, drop-off at the original departure point. Please provide detailed hotel information while booking.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Daily quota of 20 volunteers is imposed by the Panda Base
- Volunteer Program could be modified based on the health of the pandas
- Health certificate and passport copy are required for all passengers
- Please book 5 days in advance and provide documents after booking
- Donation to Panda Foundation for panda volunteering is compulsory and included in tour fee, the money raised from this activity will help the non-profit center continue its vital research into this endangered species
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.