All Inclusive Private Day Trip to Kandy
This all inclusive day tour to Kandy will give you a true insight of the Sri Lankan history and culture within a day! Kandy, more popularly known as the hill capital of Sri Lanka, is an attractive tourist destination. The city is approximately 115 kilometers from Colombo and is the second biggest city in Sri Lanka. Kandy has a profusion of culture with history dating back to the 15th century. A full day tour to Kandy comprises of exploring the Temple of Tooth, Royal Botanical Gardens of Peradeniya, Kandy Lake which is an artificial creation by one of the past rulers and vast tea estates. Finally end the day by witnessing a Kandyan cultural dance performance.
per adult from
11 to 12 hours
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- All entrance fees
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Entry/Admission - Royal Botanical Gardens
- Entry/Admission - Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic
- Entry/Admission - Bahiravokanda Vihara Buddha Statue
- Entry/Admission - Kandy Lake Club - Cultural Dance Show
What's excluded :
- Restroom on board
- WiFi on board
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Royal Botanical Gardens, Peradeniya Road, Peradeniya 20400 Sri Lanka
The Royal Botanical Gardens, located just outside of Kandy, are Sri Lanka’s largest landscaped gardens, spanning over 60 hectares. The Gardens are now home to 4,000 different species of plants and over 10,000 trees, showcasing all of Sri Lanka’s flora and many other tropical plants not native to the island. Walk down avenues framed by towering coconut palms; shelter beneath the sprawling canopy of the old Javan fig tree; marvel at the extensive collection of orchids, and see giant fruit bats hanging in their hundreds from the tree tops.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, Sri Dalada Veediya, Kandy 20000 Sri Lanka
The crown jewel of the city is the famed Sri Dalada Maligawa, also known as the Temple of the Tooth. ‘Maligawa’ literally translates to palace, and the temple is part of the palace complex. The entire temple complex, from peaked tiled roofs to white walls with large airy windows, is built using classical Kandyan architecture. The main shrine has two floors. There are various chambers in the floors including the one where the tooth relic is kept known as ‘handun kunama’. In addition to the main shrine there are other attractions such as the Royal Palace that now spends its days as an archeological museum, the Audience Chamber which now doubles as a chamber for ceremonies, and various other associated structures.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Bahiravokanda Vihara Buddha Statue, Bahirawa Kanda Rd, Kandy 20000 Sri Lanka
The Bahirawakanda Buddha Statue is located alongside the Sri Maha Bodhi Temple which is on the top of the Bahirawa Kanda hill. The Buddha Statue which is in a seated Nirvana position is 88 feet tall and is one of the largest Buddha Statues in Sri Lanka and is sculptured in pure white that emits a sense of serenity and tranquility all round. Many devotees throng the Bahirawa Kanda Temple during all times of the year. This beautiful Buddha Statue can be viewed from all points from the Kandy town, which makes it a unique phenomenon.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kandy Lake Club - Cultural Dance Show, 7 Sangamitta Mawatha, Kandy 20000 Sri Lanka
The Kandy Lake Club Cultural Show is a showcase of Sri Lankan arts, dance and cultural heritage which is enjoyed by locals and tourists alike. Started at 1982, it is the first cultural dance show of its type to be showcased in Sri Lanka. The show is held at the Kandy Lake Club located in Sangamitta Mawatha. It gives you an introduction to the various dance forms of the Kandyan hill country as well as the low country and ends with the most impressive and exciting fire walking.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel in ColomboAirports
- Bandaranayake Intl Airport, Colombo Sri Lanka
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.