All inclusive - Temple Quest in Yala
Yala is surrounded by many historical temples including Tissamaharama, Sithulpawwa, Kirinda and Katharagama. Doing a tour to these temples will be very much worth to learn rituals, beliefs and cultural elements of southern Sri Lanka. You will be amazed by some of the architectures and paintings in these historical temples!
per adult from
What's included :
- Transportation to and from your Yala/Tissamaharama/Hambantota hotels by an air-conditioned vehicle
- Local guide
- Entrance fees to the sites
- Cost of fruit platter as offerings to god Kataragama
- Picnic lunch by the lake
- Bottled water and refreshments during sightseeing
- All Government taxes
- Entry/Admission - Tissamaharama Raja Maha Vihara
- Entry/Admission - Kirinda Viharaya
- Entry/Admission - Sithulpawwa Rock Temple
- Entry/Admission - Kiri Vehera
What's excluded :
- Meals not listed as inclusions
- Expenses of personal nature
- Gratuities (recommended)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tissamaharama Raja Maha Vihara, Tissamaharama Sri Lanka
Arrive Tissamaharama Raja Maha Viharaya. This is one of the major monasteries in Sri Lanka which enshrined the largest stupa in Southern region of the country. It believes that this vihara has been made by Lord Buddha himself with 500 other individuals who reached enlightenment.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kirinda Viharaya, Kirnda, Kirinda 82614 Sri Lanka
Arrive Kirinda and start to explore Kirinda Vihara Maha Devi Temple. Kirinda temple which was built by King Kavantissa is located in a rocky hill top in Southern Sri Lanka. This has been built as a tribute to princess Viharamaha Devi’s bravery. There’s a long story behind this temple and you will be able to listen it while you wandering around it. Concisely, princess Viharamaha Devi has sacrificed her life for her country and she is recognized as one of the heroines of our motherland. The temple provides magnificent views of the sand dunes, the Kirinda fishing harbour and the Indian Ocean.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Sithulpawwa Rock Temple, Tissamaharama Sri Lanka
Arrive Sithulpawwa. Sithulpawwa is an ancient Buddhist monastery which dating back to the 2nd century B.C. is located deep within the heart of Yala national park. Frequent leopards; elephants and chatters of birds will give you a gently reminder that you are walking in the wild. The monastery complex holds a cave with paintings over 2000 years old and a temple atop a resident rock that rises above the surrounding wilderness. This temple is also known as “the hill of the quiet mind”, due to its calm spiritual vibe. You are also welcomed to meditate here for a while and sooth your mind.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Kiri Vehera Mawatha, Kataragama 91400 Sri Lanka
Arrive Kataragama and you will be taken to visit Kiri Vehera. Kiri Vehera is an ancient stupa which dates back to 06th century B.C and believed to be built by King Mahasena. It thought that this has been built in the ground where Lord Buddha meditated.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Roundtrip transportation is available from most centrally located Yala; Tissamaharama; Hambantota hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Children 4 Years +11 months and younger are complimentary when accompanied by a paying adult.
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
- Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion.
- You must wear clothing that covers your shoulders and knees for visiting sacred or holy places.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.