All inclusive - Tuk-Tuk Expedition to Visit Mihintale
Explore Mihintale – the cradle of Sri Lankan Buddhism and gain knowledge in depth about how Buddhism was subsequently spread in Sri Lanka. This 4-hours tuk-tuk tour with Beyond Escapes Tuk Safari Team will be a lifetime experience for you during your holiday in Sri Lanka. Don’t forget to take some picturesque shots once you reached the top.
per adult from
What's included :
- Roundtrip transportation to and from your Anuradhapura hotel via Tuk-tuk
- English language speaking guide during sightseeing
- Entrance fee during sightseeing tours
- Refreshments during the ride
- All government taxes
What's excluded :
- Expenses of personal nature
- Gratuities (Recommended)
You will be picked-up from your hotel in Anuradhapura by tuk-tuk and then moved to Mihintale.
Arrive to the starting point and start the hike. In the 3rd century BC, area of Mihintale was a thick jungle inhabited by wild animals and was a hunting ground reserved for the royals. This is the place where Arahath Mahinda Thero – the son of the Indian Emperor Asoka preached the Buddhist doctrine to the king Devanampiyatissa in 250 BC which resulted in inauguration of Buddhism to Sri Lanka. Today it is the main center for Theravada Buddhism and recorded as the birthplace of Buddhism in Sri Lanka. You will visit the Mihintale Temple which includes a magnificent 40ft stupa which dates to centuries and at the foot, you will be able to see ruins of an ancient hospital. After a short climb of 15-20 minutes, you will reach the summit and see the breath-taking surrounding area once on top. You can explore the ruins of Mihintale with your guide while listening to the stories related to the history of the site.
Now having explored the sacred site of Mihintale, you will be moved back to your hotel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Roundtrip transportation is available from most centrally located Anuradhapura hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children 4 Years +11 months and younger are complimentary when accompanied by a paying adult.
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
- Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion.
- You must wear clothing that covers your shoulders and knees for visiting sacred or holy places.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.