All inclusive - Udawalawe Safari & Elephant Transit Home Visit
If you are looking for an ultimate safari experience, this is the ideal tour where you can witness the untamed beauty and unmatchable splendor in Udawalawe National Park. Observe Sri Lanka’s natural wilderness; wildlife and different habitats of animals during your 3-hour safari with Beyond Escapes Safari Team. Udawalawe is the best place in Sri Lanka to see playful giants interact with each other. After the safari you will visit elephant Transit Home which is the Asia’s first rehabilitation center for elephants.
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in by an Air-conditioned vehicle
- Cost of Safari jeep
- Light Refreshments & Bottled water
- Entrance tickets to the National park and elephant transit home
- Lunch in an outside restaurant
- All government taxes on date
What's excluded :
- Expenses of personal nature
- Gratuities (Recommended)
You will be picked-up from your hotel Hambantota or Tangalle and then moved to Udawalawe.
You will start your game drive at Udawalawe National Park. This National Park was created to provide a sanctuary for wild animals displaced by the construction of the Udawalawe Reservoir. Udawalawe is famous for Sri Lankan Elephants, which are relatively hard to see in its open habitats. Other than the Elephants, the park is home to water Buffalo, water Monitor Lizards, Sambar Deer, Monkeys and the occasional Leopards.
When finished the safari, you will proceed to visit Elephant transit home.
Elephant Transit Home - ‘Ath Athuru Sevana’ is a government managed Elephant Transit Home in Udawalawe, Sri Lanka. The baby elephants reside here were found abandoned, orphaned, sick or wounded in the jungle. They are kept and treated at this Elephant Transit Home and looked after till they are ultimately fit enough to be released back to the wild.
Witness the feeding time which is the most interesting sight.
Afterwards, you will be taken to the restaurant for lunch.
Now sharing your valuable time with elephants, you will be moved back to your hotel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Roundtrip transportation is available from most centrally located Hambantota and Tangalle hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation. Pick up time and the time duration will be changed according to the Pickup location.
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.