Altisimo Taste the Rare Chocolate & Wine Pairing
Chocolate and Wine Pairing tour.
One of the classic pairings with chocolate is wine. This is one of the only "rare chocolate" and wine pairing tours in Cuenca, Ecuador. One of our Chocolate Experts will guide you through a tasting tour of red and white wines paired with our amazing rare and mother tree chocolates. And it's only one block from Parque Calderon.
During a portion of the tour / pairing you will learn about the History of mother tree cacao in Ecuador is partly a well kept secret. Also about the saving and preservation of the Mother Heirloom trees. We use only this type of rare cacao in order to make the finest chocolate in the world. Preserve and Taste The Rare.
Come before or after your tour and enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner. We also serve wine, beer along with well and mixed drinks in addition to our ready to release Altisimo Khuya* Craft Cacao Sake' - you'll fall in Love again.
*Khuya is a Kichwa language word which means "Impassioned Love"
per adult from
90 to 120 minutes
What's included :
- Alcoholic Beverages - Indulge in the flavors of three of our artisan truffles or bonbons, in addition to three samples from our current and/or not yet released 2020 Indulgence chocolate collection. Pre-selected by Altisimo
What's excluded :
- Snacks - Food and other drinks are not included. Food or other drinks or desserts are available for sale in our Bistro/Restaurant
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Altisimo Chocolate, Gran Colombia, Benigno Malo 8-86 y, Cuenca 010101, Ecuador
One of the classic pairings with wine is chocolate. Learn how wines compliment and bring out the unique flavors of our rare chocolate with each sip of wine and bite of chocolate.
Indulge in our three of our artisan truffles or bonbons in addition to three samples from our current and/or not yet released 2020 Indulgence chocolate collection made with rare cacao from Ecuador and Peru paired with four wines developed and handcrafted in-house.
NOTE: Chocolate sample selections will be made in advance by our Altisimo chocolate maker.
You will also learn a brief history of Cacao in Ecuador; from the beginning of time to the plague of the 1920's that almost destroyed Ecuador's prized crop. To the almost century long genetic modification to the current saving efforts and reforestation of the heirloom mother trees that we use to make our chocolate.
Please allow 90-120 minutes for this tour and tasting experience.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Altisimo Chocolate, Gran Colombia, Benigno Malo 8-86 y, Cuenca 010101, Ecuador
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 5/15/2019 - 9/19/2021
5/15/2019 - 9/19/2021
Monday: 08:00 AM - 07:00 PM Tuesday: 08:00 AM - 07:00 PM Wednesday: 08:00 AM - 07:00 PM Thursday: 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM Friday: 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM Saturday: 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM Sunday: 08:00 AM - 07:00 PM Monday: 08:00 AM - 07:00 PM Tuesday: 08:00 AM - 07:00 PM Wednesday: 08:00 AM - 07:00 PM Thursday: 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM Friday: 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM Saturday: 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM Sunday: 08:00 AM - 07:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.