Amazing 2 Harbors private off road tour (Walvis Bay and Sandwich)
The scenery on this 6 hour private adventure really is amazing, both in quality and variety.
As this is a private tour, it will be just your group on the tour, guaranteed. You will feel like an explorer of old with many places where there is no one else around, just awesome nature.
With many stops for as long as you want on the interesting places makes your tour very photographer friendly. As your guide is a serious hobby photographer himself, you will feel right at home.
Starting off with a stop at the Lagoon of Walvis Bay which is a RAMSAR wildlife preserve site. The lagoon is home to Flamingo and sometimes Pelican, along with other sea birds.
South of Walvis Bay is the Walvis Bay Salt Holdings processing plant, with it's striking pink water and mountains of white salt. You will be taken to the top of the dune closest to the processing plant for a birds-eye view of the pink lakes. In the salt pans there is an abundance of sea birds, including the lesser and greater Flamingo.
Most of the 60km drive to Sandwich harbor is along the coast, first on a sandy plain, then between fascinating plants. These plants have adapted to living in such hostile windy and salty conditions. The drive on the beach itself is awesome, if the tides allow it. On the beach you might see some cape fur seal, black backed jackal and black backed Cape Cormorant.
Access to Sandwich Harbor is tidal, which means that it is not possible to enter at some times of the day, because of the high tide. You can read more about it here. (http://www.awesomechapters.com/tidal-access/)
Sandwich harbor itself has two natural tidal lagoons, which is a favorite spot for Flamingo, Pelican and a host of other bird species. Your guide will take you for a walk at the side of the lagoon, if you want to. For a better view of the area your guide will take you up to the view point at the top of the dunes at Sandwich. If dune driving is not your thing, you can climb the dune yourself, it's easy.
If you do like the thrill of driving on sand dunes, the return journey has the opportunity of some very large dunes and slip-faces. It's like a roller coaster without the rails.
If dune driving is not to your liking, you can leave Sandwich Harbor along the coast as well for a much more relaxed experience.
On the way back there is a dune track with some wildlife, mostly Springbuck and Falcon, with the option of larger dunes for the adrenaline junkies.
You will also visit the lighthouse of Walvis Bay at Pelican Point, to see the second amazing harbor. The Point is home to a Cape Fur Seal colony, as well as some awesome sights of busy Walvis Bay and the dunes behind it.
Your transport on this half day trip is a classic Land Cruiser FJ80, clean and tidy with good air conditioning for the hot days. Please note, this tour goes into nature, far from civilization. As such, there are no toilets. A privacy tent, seat, toilet paper and a hole in the ground will be provided if needed.
Free pickup in Walvis Bay, including the harbor of Walvis Bay, is standard for this tour. There are issues with the booking systems, please provide us with an email address on your booking so that we can give you with the best experience possible.
Rest assured that these the cheapest private tours on the coast. Per person pricing changes by group size, and is the lowest per person for groups of four or more passengers.
In short, you will see many beautiful things, so bring your camera!
If you are viewing this tour on TripAdvisor or Viator, you probably won't see the optional extras for this tour, because the integration on those platforms has some bugs that are currently being worked on.
The optional extras include:
1. Pickup in the harbor
2. Pickup in Swakopmund
3. Food for the tour
4. Drinks for the tour
For the proper full booking experience, as well as more details on this tour, go to https://www.awesomechapters.com/private-day-tours/2harbors-sandwich/
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water - We provide refrigerated still and mineral water.
- Entry or admission fee
- Permit for Sandwich Harbour from Ministry of Environment and Tourism
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Flamingo Villas Boutique Hotel, Walvis Bay, Namibia
If you did not set up a pickup, this is where we meet. There usually are flamingos at this point, and the view of the lagoon is quite nice.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Sandwich Harbour, Namibia
The Sandwich Harbor lagoone is one of the very few natural harbors in the world. Here we will have a walk around and explore the fauna and flora.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Pelican Point Lodge, Pelican Point Peninsula, Walvis Bay, Namibia
We view the Cape Fur Seal colony at this iconic landmark of Walvis Bay
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Rooikop Airport, Walvis Bay Namibia
- Walvis Bay port, Unnamed Road, Walvis Bay, Namibia
Departure Time :3/16/2020 - 10/31/2020
11/1/2020 - 10/3/2021
Monday: 07:00 AM - 07:00 PM Tuesday: 07:00 AM - 07:00 PM Wednesday: 07:30 AM - 07:00 PM Thursday: 07:00 AM - 07:00 PM Friday: 07:00 AM - 07:00 PM Saturday: 07:00 AM - 07:00 PM Sunday: 07:00 AM - 07:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 07:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Sunscreen is essential to avoid painful sunburn.
- The weather changes drastically throughout the day. Please consider wearing layered clothing so you are ready for anything.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.