On 19th December 1994, this area was reclassified as Anaga Rural Park, creating a further three sectors within the confines of the park: Ijuana Integral Nature Reserve (T-1), El Pijaral Integral Nature Reserve and Los Roques de Anaga Integral Nature Reserve, and they were awarded the highest degree of environmental protection in order to guarantee the conservation of their fragile ecosystems. Access is also controlled to Monte de Aguirre, a rare ancient laurel forest.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
The Anaga Mountains occupy a large section of the north-east part of Tenerife and consists of coastline, ravines, Laurel forests and villages that are so remote it is amazing that anyone actually lives in them. This whole area is a protected natural landscape, it is breathtakingly beautiful and full of twists and turns that will delight and amaze. Our walk is a great introduction to the area and its outstanding natural beauty. It is full of spectacular contrasts, and home to a wealth of native fauna and flora, a direct result of the region's isolation and ecological variety. The area’s special climate has led to the existence of one of the most important specimens of laurisilva or laurel forest in the world. This primitive forest dates from the Tertiary Period and is only preserved in the Canaries, Madeira and several islands of the Azores. Laurisilva is an extremely important resource, since its dense mass retains moisture, refills the aquifers (natural water deposits on the island), as well as creating and preserving fertile soil. There are many routes to choose from with this walk.
Distance: approx about 15km, 600m ascent/descent, moderate to hard taking 5 hours.
• Parque Rural de Anaga, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Tenerife Spain
Departure Point :Anaga, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from anywhere in the Los Cristianos, Playa de las Americas, and Costa Adeje areas.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.