Amazing Elafonissi Beach Tour
Elafonissi is a tiny island with white sand, separated from the shore by a lagoon no more than a metre deep.
Elafonissi means “deer island”, but you won’t see any deer on the island or in the surrounding area. The island is 75 kilometres from Hania and it will take you about an hour and a half to get here.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional and Multilingual speaking guide.
- Transfers with air-conditioned luxurious buses.
- Free pick up is offered within Agia Pelagia area to Malia area
What's excluded :
- Tips and Individual expenses.
- On the way you will see Chrissoskalitissa (or Chrysoskalitissa) Monastery, visible from afar as it is a dazzling white and built on a great rock. Climb up to pay your respects at this historic monastery and look for the golden step which, according to legend, only the truly devout can see.
Elafonissi is 5 kilometres from Chrissoskalitissa. On arriving you will see a large bare expanse used as a car park, a few dusty juniper trees and the wonderful colours of the lagoon.
The island is less than 200 metres from the beach and you can easily walk there through the warm, shallow water of the lagoon. On reaching the island you will discover lots of tiny beaches on its south coast.
The sand of Elafonissi is white, but in many places it is pinkish due to the thousands of broken seashells it contains. The limpid, blue-green waters will remind you of an exotic paradise.
Thousands of people visit Elafonissi each summer, reaching 2,500 daily in July and August, so if you want to enjoy the island it’s much better to come at the beginning or end of the summer or avoid the hours from 11 to 4, especially at weekends. There are a few rooms for rent and tavernas nearby.
Duration: from 8.00 am till 18.30 (It is the approximate time, duration depends on the area you stay at)
Level of difficulty: Easy
Is tour informative? No
Is tour beautiful? Extremely!
Means of transportation: bus (2 h 30 mi ride with a stop for coffee)
Walking part: wandering along the beach
Ability to travel with small children: yes
Lunch: medium price for lunch in a tavern – 10-15 Euro per person
What to take with you: hat, water, money for lunch, swimming dress, comfortable shoes
Departure Point :Heraklion, Heraklion, Crete
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up is offered within Agia Pelagia area to Malia area
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Organised by ANY DESTINATION