Amber Cove Shore Excursion: 27 Waterfalls of Damajagua / Cruise Ship Passengers
One of the top ten things to do in Puerto Plata and the most exhilarating shore excursions for adventure seekers! Whether you choose to hike, slide, swim and jump your way down ALL 27 WATERFALLS or choose to only go to the MIDWAY 12 of the 27 the Waterfalls of Damajagua, either of these experiences will undoubtedly be the highlight of your cruise and Amber Cove port call!
per adult from
What's included :
- Port pickup and drop-off. Meeting point map provided with booking confirmation.
- Professional guide
- Buffet lunch including local rum drinks
- Bottled water
- Use of helmet and life jacket
- Entry/Admission - 27 Charcos
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks apart from rum with lunch (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: 27 Charcos, Puerto Plata 57000 Dominican Republic
After meeting your guides outside the Amber Cove Cruise Terminal you will board an air-conditioned vehicle for the 25 minute ride to the falls. During the ride you will receive a safety briefing and some local information of interest. Water, sodas, snacks and iced towels will be on board.
On arrival at the 27 Falls of Damajagua Park you will leave the transport where you can leave a bag with your valuables, towel, dry clothes and flip flops for after the tour. Your guide will introduce you to the local waterfall guides who will be looking after you and you’ll be issued with a life jacket, helmet and a bottle of water for the hike up. If you want to take photos or video on the tour please only bring waterproof cameras. From this point on everything will get wet!
A moderate 40 minute uphill hike through a beautiful jungle landscape gets you to the 12th waterfall or, if you are in excellent physical shape, choose to hike all the way to the top of the 27 Waterfalls (approximately 70 minutes) and experience it all. Either way, it's where your real fun begins as we head back down-river and you jump, slide and swim your way through a series of spectacular waterfalls, canyons and azure pools, emerging with a silly grin on your face and incredible memories to cherish! The tour includes jumps of up to 25 feet (8 meters), but don't worry, the big ones have another way down if you don't want to jump. Once back down at the first fall and after you have taken your time relaxing in the amazing azure waters there will be a 15-minute hike back to the visitor center for lunch and a well earned rum and coke!
After changing into your dry clothes enjoy a delicious and varied Dominican buffet lunch which includes barbecued chicken and pork, stews, rice, pasta and salads. Sodas and local rum are included (beer available but not included). After the meal you will say goodbye to the local guides and board the transport for the 25-minute transfer back to Amber Cove. We always aim to get you back at least one hour before the departure of your ship.
Please note: This tour is for cruise ship passengers only.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
A map and meeting point pickup details will be provided with our confirmation. Please disembark as quickly as possible and be at the pickup location not more than 45 minutes after your ship docks.We will also be picking up from the new port Taino Bay Puerto Plata when it opens winter 2020. Ports
- Amber Cove Cruise Port
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- If you are in moderate physical shape choose the Midway 12 Falls since that is what most people can manage.
- The length of time your ship is docked and your physical fitness level determine whether you can go all the way to the top of the mountain. If you want to do the full 27 you must be in very good physical condition to hustle up to the top of the mountain. Your ship must be in port at least 7 hours to book this tour. Children must be 12+ years old to do the Full 27 Falls.
- Minimum age 8. Children 8-17 must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- It is recommended that you wear an old pair of running shoes, swimwear and a towel. We recommend women wear shorts over their bathing suits.
- Not recommended for participants with back, neck or knee problems
- A moderate amount of hiking is involved for the Midway 12 Falls
- A significant amount of hiking is involved for the Full 27 Waterfalls
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities and not possible for wheelchair users
- This tour is for cruise ship passengers only
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.