Hop aboard our enclosed, air-conditioned van or trolley to learn about the vibrant Amish and Mennonite cultures here in Sarasota. Learn about the beliefs, traditions and differences between these two religious orders from our knowledgeable and passionate tour guide, Kendra Cross.
Visit the Pinecraft community, a small working neighborhood that attracts many members of the Amish and Mennonite orders. Many families travel to this Sarasota haven during the winter months to escape the harsh weather in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and several other northern states. Slow down and enjoy the small pleasures in life on our tour of this rustic and charming neighborhood. Enjoy the tour stops at Alma Sue’s Quilt Shop, The Carlisle Inn and Der Dutchman Amish Kitchen Cooking Restaurant for a sample of their delicious pie!
Tours with fewer than 10 guests will travel in our air-conditioned 9-passenger van.
per adult from
1 hour 45 minutes
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Der Dutchman, 3713 Bahia Vista St, Sarasota, FL 34232, USA
Enjoy a stop at Der Dutchman Amish Kitchen Restaurant for Amish gifts and shopping and of course, a sample of their delicious pie!
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Alma Sue's Quilts, 3747 Bahia Vista St, Sarasota, FL 34232-2409
Visit Alma Sue's Quilt Shop and learn more about the history and meaning behind Amish quilting traditions.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :1826 4th St, Sarasota, FL 34236, USA
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 26 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.