Amphawa Floating & Maeklong Railway Market Day Tour by SBK Day Tour With Lunch
Get a local experience with taking a train, and shopping at two markets. First is the famous Maeklong Railway Market, which is located on the railway tracks. Then a visit to a unique temple built into a tree, and finally vist Amphawa Floating market, and get a chance to see fireflies when the sun sets!
per adult from
12 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Boat ride (1 hour)
- English/Chinese speaking guide
- Entrance tickets to Wat Bang Kung
- Insurance provided by the operator
- Seafood lunch
- Transportation in air conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Maeklong Railway Market (Talad Rom Hub)
- Entry/Admission - Wat Bang Kung
- Entry/Admission - Amphawa Floating Market
What's excluded :
- Any expenses not included in Inclusions
- Gratuities (Optional but recommended)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lat Yai Railway, Lat Yai, Mueang Samut Songkhram District, Samut Songkhram 75000, Thailand
We start the tour by heading to a restaurant for a seafood lunch (at your own expense) and then board a train for a scenic ride towards Maeklong Railway Station!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Maeklong Railway Market (Talad Rom Hub), Si Champa Alley, Mae Klong 75000 Thailand
Upon reaching the Maeklong Railway, we will visit Rom Hub Market, which is located on the rail tracks near the railway station. Experience shopping for local produce and wares, and get ready to see the vendors expertly lowering the shelters and keeping their wares when a train passes by!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Wat Bang Kung, Bang Kung, Bang Khonthi 75120 Thailand
After exploring Rom Hub Market, we will then head over to Amphawa Floating Market, with a stop at Wat Bang Kung. Wat Bang Kung is unique temple, as it is supported by roots of a tree! Now a National Archeological Site, it is also a historic site, as a key battle was fought and won here. It is one of the battles that allowed Thailand to be an independent nation!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Amphawa Floating Market, Amphawa 75110 Thailand
Reaching Amphawa, take a nice boat ride through the floating market, and shop from the many boats that paddle their wares. More popular to the locals then Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, you can purchase fresh produce and snacks from them. As the sun sets, take a boat out to hunt for fireflies which may come out in a mesmerizing show of lights! This will mark the end of the tour, and we will head back to Bangkok and drop you off at the pick up point.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Siam, Rama I Rd, Khwaeng Pathum Wan, Khet Pathum Wan, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10330, Thailand
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Near public transportation
- Child ticket: Age 0-3 (provided they do not occupy an additional seat)
- If you have any dietary requirements, please indicate your preferences at check out
- Infant seats unavailable
- It is not advisable for females to wear short skirts and high heeled shoes for this tour
- Not stroller accessible
- Not suitable for pets
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please kindly provide all passengers name with title, nationality and passport number who join the trip for insurance purposes
- Please show your ticket at the pick up point
- There is no space for luggage storage in the minivan, please do not bring your luggage with you on the tour
- Tours are conducted in both Chinese AND English at the same time. Please specify your language preference at check out so you'll be assigned to a tour guide who is fluent in your preferred language
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.