Amsterdam country side tour by car
Escape the city! A few miles outside Amsterdam lays the beautiful countryside of Holland. See the windmills, taste the cheese or see the wooden shoes. Go Dutch with your tour guide and get the real taste of Holland! Fantastic experience to do during bad weather. We come at places where no tourbusses can come.
We drive north to the small historic fishermen village of Marken. We have a short walk in the village where I explain some of the history. In the harbor of Marken we will stop at a local dutch cafe for coffee, tea and dutch apple pie. From Marken we drive to the wooden shoe and cheese factory. There I will show how cheese and wooden shoes are made. You can try to walk on wooden shoes and taste all the different kinds of cheeses. After the experience we drive to the traditional sawmill where they still saw wood as in the old days. The windmill shows the big industrial revolution in the 16th century. After that amazing experience we drive back to Amsterdam.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea - And Dutch apple pie
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Bottled water - Bottle of water for each guest is availeble in the car
- Entry/Admission - Amsterdam City Tours
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Amsterdam City Tours, De Ruijterkade 34a, In the IJ hall of Central Station on the far eastern side, Marken The Netherlands
The village of Marken shows a lot of old wooden houses. We walk through the old neighborhood. During the walk i tell something about the surrounding area. In the harbor we have coffee, tea and Dutch apple pie in a local cafe.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Oosterdokskade 4, 1011 Amsterdam, Netherlands
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.