Amsterdam in World War II Tour
OUR AMSTERDAM IN WORLD WAR II PRIVATE TOUR REVEALS THE STORY OF A CITY STRUGGLING TO SURVIVE IN A CONTINENT TORN APART BY WAR
Join us on our Amsterdam in World War II Tour, and journey into Amsterdam’s troubled past!
AMSTERDAM WAS OCCUPIED FROM 1940 TO 1945, BECOMING THE SCENE OF A TERRIFYING HUMAN DRAMA
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional Guide
- 3 to 4 hour walking tour
- Walking tour of the city centre ring
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Nazi troops entered Amsterdam on 16 of May 1940, the beginning of the most harrowing and difficult 5 years of Amsterdam’s history.
Our Amsterdam in World War II Tour will show you some of the most historic locations in the city that will bring to life this unique and frightening period of Amsterdam’s history.
Led by one of our experienced professional tour guides, this walking tour covers many of the most historic locations from the occupation.
Stops include the Anne Frank House, the site of Annick Van Hardeveld’s murder and the Holland Schouwburg Memorial – the Amsterdam in World War II Tour aims to give participants a true sense of the struggle of Amsterdammers during the greatest war of the twentieth century.
THE AMSTERDAM IN WORLD WAR II WALKING TOUR SHOWS YOU WHAT LIFE WAS LIKE FOR AMSTERDAMMERS DURING THE OCCUPATION
Major themes of the tour include the impact of the Second World War on Amsterdam’s Jewish community, and Dutch resistance.
Learn about how the Dutch attempted to fight back against their Nazi invaders, and how the Jewish community fell victim to their rapacious hate.
Our tour stops at the site of several crucial moments in Amsterdam’s history. These include the Dam Square Massacre and a former Nazi deportation center in the Jewish District.
Departure Point :FunAmsterdam
Departure Time :Timings are flexible, upon request.
Return Detail :Within the city centre (different for every tour).
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please bring comfortable shoes
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.