Amsterdam Muiderslot Castle - Corona-proof Small Public Tour from Amsterdam
Discover Amsterdam Castle, one of the oldest and best preserved medieval castles in the Netherlands, with this public tour of max 4 travelers and a private guide.
This castle, with a moat, towers, battlements, arrow slits and a drawbridge, is over 700 years old and surrounded by water and historical gardens.
Learn about medieval castle life and discover the its secrets, with an included live guided tour in English (audio-tour other languages available). After the tour you have some free time to continue your castle explorations, or visit the beautiful gardens, where they grow vegetables and herbs from the past. In the winter the castle is beautifully lit-up!
Note that until 8/31 only audio-tours are available as live-guided tours are not allowed. To compensate this you guide takes you on a short walk to a traditional Dutch old brown cafe for an authentic local experience and a hot beverage!
***Winner Netherlands Prestige Awards: 'Tour Operator of the Year'***
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Comfortable transportation by air-conditioned minivan from Amsterdam Central Station
- Private guide
- Admission national museum Amsterdam Castle
- 1-hr live-guided tour in English or traditional Dutch old brown cafe experience with beverage
- Audio-tour in English, Italian, French, German, Spanish, Hebrew and Chinese
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Muiderslot
What's excluded :
- Guide gratuity
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Amsterdam, Amsterdam, North Holland Province
Enjoy the comfort of hotel pick-up in Amsterdam to start your tour to Amsterdam Castle.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Centraal Station, Stationsplein 9, 1012 AB Amsterdam The Netherlands
Meet your guide at Amsterdam Central Station, or opt to add hotel pick-up to your booking if you find the station too far out or too difficult to reach.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Muiderslot, Herengracht 1, 1398 AA Muiden The Netherlands
Discover this beautiful medieval castle with a guided tour. After the tour you have free time to explore the castle and its historical gardens on your own, before heading back to Amsterdam with your guide.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Muiden, Muiden, North Holland Province
The castle is located on the edge of the quaint town Muiden. Walk with your guide to a traditional Dutch Brown Cafe for a true local experience.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :De Ruijterkade 10A, 1011 AA Amsterdam, Netherlands
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up starts 20 min. before start time. We will let you know your exact pick-up time before 6 pm, the day before the tour.Ports
- River Cruise Port Amsterdam or Ocean Cruise Terminal Amsterdam
- Viking River Cruises® Dock, De Ruijterkade 140, 1011 AC Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Viking River Cruises® Dock, Westerhoofd 10, 1013 BS Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Passenger terminal amsterdam, Piet Heinkade, 1019 BR Amsterdam, Netherlands
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Hotel pick-up starts 20 min. prior to start time. Exact time is communicated by 6:00 pm, the day before the tour.
- Max group size is reduced to four travelers / two travel parties: one travel party per row in the vehicle - a travel party is a solo traveler, a couple/duo;
- Seating rows in our vehicles are separated by screens so that social distancing can be maintained
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers must use the provided anti-bacterial hand gel and undergo a temperature check before boarding the vehicle;
- We sanitize our vehicles before and after each tour, incl. door handles, arm rests, seat belts, headrests and handles;
- Throughout the tour a 1.5 meter distance from one another is maintained. As we use a tour guide whisper system, travelers can wander off and still hear the guide clearly;
- Pictures are from pre-coronial times
- Winner Netherlands Prestige Awards: 'Tour Operator of the Year'
- Until 8/31 guided tours are not allowed in the castle; audio-tours are used instead. To compensate visit with your guide a traditional Dutch old brown cafe for an ultimate local experience.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Face masks provided for travelers
- - Social distancing throughout the tour, incl in the vehicle - Unfortunately we don't have the technology for contactless gratuity but you can leave something for your guide on your seat! - Until 8/31 only audio-tour available
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.