Amsterdam's Countryside Half Day Bike Tour
We are proud to be Amsterdam's smallest bike tour company! The number of participants per group is limited and we guarantee you to be in a group of no more then 12 persons. This ensures a fun, safe and high quality bike tour.
Our countryside bike tour (total distance: 30 km / 18 miles) is a great break away from the city. On this leisurely bike ride you will learn about the Dutch history and our on going battle agains the water. The beautiful landscapes lay below sea level which you will see with your own eyes while riding your bike over the embankments that keep our feet dry.
We'll be passing picturesque farmers and fishermen villages and see the big five of Holland on this Dutch safari. (cows, cows, cows, cows, cows) ;)
Halfway through the tour we enjoy a relaxing break to hydrate and taste the world's best slice of apple pie in the picturesque village of Holysloot. This is the perfect fuel to keep us going and head to our favourite windmill in the region: a monument from 1792!
per adult from
What's included :
- Use of bicycle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Use of helmet
What's excluded :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Waterland, Waterland, Amsterdam, North Holland Province
This tour takes place in the Waterland region, north from Amsterdam. Hop on and ride your bike through this gorgeous area of the typical polder landscapes and farmlands below sea level.
Pass By: 1026 CD Durgerdam, Netherlands
Ride your bike through old fishermen villages and learn about water management and how the Dutch manage to live below sea level.
Stop At: Holysloot, Holysloot, North Holland Province
We are halfway through the tour when we arrive in Holysloot, a tiny farmer's village in the middle of the countryside. Time for a break at the love restaurant 'het Schoolhuis', in the former school of the village. The apple pie served here is world famous in the area and great fuel for the rest of our tour!
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Ransdorp, Ransdorp, North Holland Province
You will learn about the interesting history of the 80-years war between Holland and Spain and see the tower of Ransdorp, the oldest building in the area.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Krijtmolen d'Admiraal, Noordhollandschkanaaldijk 21, 1034 ZL Amsterdam The Netherlands
What would a countryside tour in Holland be without seeing a windmill? Indeed! At the end of our tour you will pass by this gorgeous windmill from 1792 and learn about the old mill industry of Holland.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Spuistraat 30, 1012 SR Amsterdam, Netherlands
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.