An Afternoon Birdwatching on Langkawi
Langkawi’s World Geopark status has put this 99-island large archipelago on the map as an all-inclusive tourism destination, ideal for both beach seekers and those who enjoy nature and the abundance of wildlife present. The extensive jungle landscape, entwined with rice paddy fields and rivers that meander through the ancient rainforest have become the new hotspot for ornithologist – avid birders have now recorded close to 230 species, some of them indigenous to Langkawi. Under the guidance with an experienced birder cum guide, an early morning exploration of watching colourful birds near Gunung Raya will be a colourful feast for the eyes.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A half day tour with a professional English-speaking birding guide cum driver.
- Use of birding guide, binoculars and scope
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Local insurance coverage
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees and optional tours, unless otherwise stated
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Hotel expenses of a personal nature, should an overnight be included: this includes mini-bar consumption, laundry, room service, any telephone or other communication cost not mentioned in the program
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Langkawi, Langkawi, Langkawi District, Kedah
An early morning wake-up call is a requirement to get the most of this educational morning of bird exploration. Together with your local birding expert and driver, you will set off from your Langkawi resort to the Gunung Raya, the highest mountain. Along the way, plenty of natural corners, streams and open areas where bird tend to nest and find food pass by but with a clear goal in mind, our aim will be spotting some of the mountain birds. With your binoculars in your hand, your guide will lead the way in finding some spots where the biggest chances are to spot species such as the Great Hornbill in their natural habitat. Armed with your list of confirmed birds spotted on Langkawi, you will head to various spots around the mountains where customers, in average, spot up to 40 species in the 5 hours touring.
This tour is not limited to certain seasons: the constant flow of birds coming from all wind directions makes this a very interesting tour year-around. Many migratory birds head to the island between November until April when the temperatures are the most ideal for escaping the cooler climates. But with a permanent base of feathered friends even outside these months, we can assure that Langkawi has grown in popularity throughout the year for bird watching. During the morning, there will be time to enjoy coffee, tea and water. Just before lunch time, we will make our way back to the car and back to your resort.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick up from only hotels in most popular Langkawi regions i.e. Kuah Town, Cenang, Tengah and Kok.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is operated on joint / Seat-In-Coach basis only with English-speaking birding guide.
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying along the most popular Langkawi regions i.e. Kuah Town, Cenang, Tengah and Kok.
- Due to the nature of this tour, we regret to inform you that this excursion is not suitable for wheelchair users.
- Part of this excursion includes walking over unpaved roads and paths. This may not suit guests with walking issues.
- Bear in mind that such paths may turn slippery / muddy after a rain shower. We suggest wearing good walking shoes, preferred closed shoes, when booking this tour.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- We reserve the right to make necessary changes to the excursion in case of unfavourable weather conditions or situations where we are forced to make alterations to guarantee the safety of our guests.
- The protection of the country’s flora and fauna is of immense importance for us. We will not pursue any activities for guests that are not in line with our animal, wildlife and environment protection principles.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 48 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 48 hours may be on request.
- It is recommended to bring a rain coat, good walking shoes and insect repellent with you.
- For clothing, recommend to wear primarily earth-tone / green colours and refrain from wearing brighter shades such as red, yellow and white.
- We are unable to guarantee seeing some of the island’s most famous birds during this tour.
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- · For Island trip, mask & snorkel may not be provided, bringing own goggles is encouraged. · Face mask required for travellers during the cruise. · For Birdwatching Tour, travellers need to bring their own personal binoculars for hygiene purposes.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.