An audio tour of Old Riga: from St Peter's Church to the Monument of Freedom
If you’re looking for an engaging and informative tour that covers the complex history of Riga but also explores what it is like to live here today, then this is the self guided audio tour for you. I’ve made sure that we don’t miss any of old Riga’s most famous landmarks on our walk including St Peter’s Church, Town Hall Square and Dome Square, but don’t expect a dry history lesson. On this tour, you’ll find out about the surprising origins of the Latvian language, the fate of churches during the Soviet occupation and the little known history of Latvia’s symbol of independence.
Some of the highlights you can look forward to include:
• Discovering the origins of the Christmas tree
• The street used in the filming of the popular Russian production of Sherlock Holmes
• The unique history of Dome square
• The home of what was once the largest pipe organ in the world
• An in-depth look at the local Russian community
• The meaning behind Latvia's symbol of independence
per adult from
45 to 60 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: St. Peter's Church, Skarnu iela 19, Riga 1050 Latvia
Your tour starts at the church.
Pass By: Riga Town Hall Square, Kalku iela, Riga Latvia
You'll stop briefly in Town Hall Square.
Pass By: Dome Square, Doma laukums, Centra rajons, Rīga, LV-1050, Latvia
You'll stop briefly in Dome Square.
Pass By: St. Jacob Catholic Cathedral of Riga, Jēkaba iela 9, Centra rajons, Rīga, LV-1050, Latvia
You stop briefly next to the church.
Pass By: The Swedish Gate, Atgriežu iela, Centra rajons, Rīga, LV-1050, Latvia
You'll pass through the Swedish Gate.
Pass By: The Freedom Monument, Central District, Riga, LV-1050, Latvia
The tour ends at the Freedom Monument.
Departure Point :St. Peter's Church, Reformācijas Laukums 1, Centra rajons, Rīga, LV-1050, Latvia
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/10/2020 - 8/4/2022
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :The Freedom Monument, Central District, Riga, LV-1050, Latvia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.