An Express Zambian Language Immersion
MWABONWA NO BEENZU KU KU SHUNGU NAMUTITIMA!
(Welcome to Zambia, home of the smoke that thunders), the mighty Victoria Falls, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World!
I’m Sophia, co-founder & proprietor of MWABONWA Cultural Experiences. For over 15 years, I thrived in the Zambia’s hospitality industry serving & arranging activities for our international guests along our tourist corridor, which includes the falls and beyond.
The falls are very significant to Zambia, but there is something much more amazing that falls deeper & and is mightier than thunder! Would you like to experience Zambia, beyond the roar of the mighty Victoria Falls, beyond the tourist corridor? If so be our guest to create a memorable experience!
MWABONWA offers the only way to authentically experience Zambia, through my people & rich culture. We take you beyond the tourist attractions and invite you to be our guest in our providences & homes, where you can experience our Zambian life style as a local.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
HELLO & WELCOME (English)
TWAMIPOKELALA (Bemba, northern)
MWABONWA (Tonga, southern)
TAMILANDILA (Nyanja, eastern)
Would you like to fit in a cultural learning adventure during your stay in Zambia?
Why not immerse yourself in one of our local languages! Did you know that Zambia has 72 different native languages, Bemba, Tonga, Lozi, & Nyanja are the four dominate languages. So come join the native conversation!
Learning a few basic native phrases is quick & fun plus it goes a long way and creates great graces with the locals. We are native Zambians, fluent in our dominate languages and English and enjoy sharing our culture, especially connecting through our native languages.
We will open the with a hearty Mwabonwa Cultural Experience Welcome, afterwards we will immerse in the following experience:
• Exchange Dominate Native Greetings
• 72, A Brief Cultural History
• Pick Our Immersion Language
• Ice Breaker Introductions
• Let’s Converse with Common Phrases
• Optional Bonus Session, How Do You Say $#!@ in ______.
Departure Point :Mukuni Park Curio Market, Mwela St, Livingstone, Zambia
Departure Time :7/1/2019 - 10/27/2021
Monday: 03:00 PM - 07:00 PM Wednesday: 11:00 AM - 02:00 PM Thursday: 03:00 PM - 07:00 PM Friday: 11:00 AM - 02:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.