An Immersion into the Evening Ganga Aarti at Parmarth Niketan Ashram, Rishikesh
Ganga Aarti is a special evening Hindu ritual that is being done here to pay a tribute to a holy river Ganges. And, this ritual is famous as Ganga Aarti which happens twice in a day, in the morning and in the evening, Now, this ritual ( Ganga Aarti ) happens at three places at the same time in Rishikesh namely Parmarth Niketan Ashram, Triveni Ghat, and Shtrudhan Ghat near to Ramjhula Parking area. But you take a part of this ritual at Parmarth Niketan Ganga Aarti that starts around 05:00 PM and lasts for 45 minutes, is followed by the chanting of Mantra ( Hanuman Chalisa ) sacred fire, essential oil, incense sticks etc.and medicinal herbs as purifying agents. The Aarti is performed by a group of Brahmins students, who are getting religious education. They make it happen each evening around 5:00 PM. And, anyone can take part in this ritual by giving a donation to Ashram.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Private tour
- Entry/Admission - Parmarth Niketan Ashram
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parmarth Niketan Ashram, Geeta Bhavan Rd Number 3 Ram Jhula, Rishikesh 249201 India
Parmarth Niketan is located on the bank of Ganges in Rishikesh where each evening happens the Ganga Aarti ceremony.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Swarg Ashram, Rishikesh India
While heading to evening Ganga Aarti we visit several Ashram namely Swarg Ashram, Geeta Ashram, Ved Niketan, Ram Temple, etc.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Ram Jhula Bridge, Yoga Village - Jonk, Ram Jhula, Swarg Ashram, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand 249304, India
Traveler pickup is offered
Kriya Yoga Ashram Tapovan
Departure Time :3:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.