Andrew Low House Tour
The Andrew Low House can be seen by docent led tours, which depart at 30 minute intervals (on the hour and half hour) every day. Tours discuss the history of the house and the Low family, showing how a wealthy family in Savannah would have lived in the 19th century.
The home was built in 1848-1849 by architect John S Norris a notable architect from New York and designed in the Greek Revival style, with a mixture of Revival and Italianate details. The home occupies the entire southwest trust lot fronting on Lafayette Square.
The Andrew Low House has one of the few surviving original gardens created in 19th-century Savannah, and the only one open to the public. The design of the parterre gardens dates from the mid century, shortly after the completion of the house. Their layout and planting plans have been preserved ever since, first by the Low family and later by the National Society of The Colonial Dames of America, the current owners of the house
per adult from
What's included :
- Admission to the Museum
- Entry/Admission - Andrew Low House
What's excluded :
- No bathroom facilities
- Visit: Andrew Low House, 329 Abercorn St, Savannah, GA 31401-4634
A visit to lovely Savannah would not be complete without a 40 minute docent-led tour of the historic Andrew Low House. This Italianate mansion was built for wealthy cotton merchant Andrew Low by John Norris a sought-after architect from New York. Andrew Low's son William and Juliette Gordon Low the famous founder of the Girl Scouts of the USA inherited the home after his passing.
Guest will experience a guided tour by knowledgeable docents departing about every 30 minute (on the hour and half hour) every day. Tours discuss the history of the house and the Low family, showing how they lived in the 19th century as well as those enslaved who lived and labored at the home. First floor rooms include the family’s formal and informal parlors, the library and dining room. Upstairs are a children’s playroom and a rare-for-the-period indoor bathroom, and bedrooms, two of which were once occupied by notable guests of the family.
Departure Point :Andrew Low House, 329 Abercorn St, Savannah, GA 31401-4634
Departure Time :12/2/2020 - 2/14/2022
Monday: 10:00 AM - 04:00 PM Tuesday: 10:00 AM - 04:00 PM Wednesday: 10:00 AM - 04:00 PM Thursday: 10:00 AM - 04:00 PM Friday: 10:00 AM - 04:00 PM Saturday: 10:00 AM - 04:00 PM Sunday: 12:00 PM - 04:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.