Antigua Shore Excursion: City of St John's Sightseeing Tour
If you’re in port in Antigua, make the most of your time with a city sightseeing tour shore excursion. You’ll visit a local vegetable market and spend time in the capital city of St John's, where you can shop ‘til you drop for souvenirs at Heritage Quay. You’ll find duty-free designer and locally made wares at this two-story shopping complex.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Port pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Heritage Quay, St. John's Antigua
Your tour starts here, our driver will meet you with a sign and then off to discover the sites in St. John's. On your way back to the Cruise Ship you are free to shop at any of the Duty-Free shops or at Heritage Quay Vendors Mall for sourvenirs.
Pass By: Cathedral of St. John the Divine, Btwn Newgate & Long Sts, St. John's Antigua
The first cathedral was built in 1681, a simple wooden structure. This was replaced in 1745 after it was severely damaged by earthquake. The present structure as built in 1845. Presently due to Covid-19 protocols they are not open for visits.
Stop At: Fort James, St. John's Antigua
Fort James named after King James II of England was built in the 18th Century. Due to the fear of a French invasion this fort was built to safe guard the entrance to the St. John's harbor. It was armed with 36 guns and a few can still be seen at the site.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: St. John's, St. John's, Saint John Parish, Antigua, Antigua and Barbuda
Take a browse at The Vegetable Market where you will find all the locally grown fruits and vegetables. There is also a Craft Market next to the Vegetable Market where artisans showcase there handmade crafts and clothing.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Heritage Quay, High St, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Regarding Covid-19, all arriving guests are processed at the airport with temperature check etc. and all drivers/vehicles for transfers/tours will be adequately sanitized in keeping with Government protocol. All our drivers are Government Certified and will have certification stickers on vehicles.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.