Appenzell and Liechtenstein Tour from Luzern
This tour takes you on a journey to the east of the country and experience a beautiful area little touched by international tourism. Visit Appenzell with it`s colourful facades before heading to the tiny mountain principality of Liechtenstein, mainly just to say you have been. Some highlights
Mt Santis & Hoher Kasten
Appenzell Cheese Dairy
Maestrani Chocolate Factory
Longest covered bridge in Europe over Rhine
A MORE DETAILED LOOK
The drive takes us along the Sihlbrugg pass and across Zürichsee to Rapperswil with its medieval castle. We journey onto Mt Säntis where from a peak of 2502 metres, one can see Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, France and Italy (on a clear day).
This is the highest point in the region. After this we journey onto to the green and hilly region of Appenzell where one can stroll through the quaint pedestrian zone with it`s painted wooden houses, before heading back to Luzern, popping into Vaduz in Liechtenstein on the way back.
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Full guiding services
What's excluded :
- Admission to places
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Appenzell, Appenzell, Canton of Appenzell
Stroll round one of Switzerland`s oldest villages full of centuries old wooden houses with colourful facades.
Duration: 1 minute
Stop At: Liechtenstein, Liechtenstein
Cross the river Rhine and drive into Liechtenstein and take a walk along the main street in the Capital Vaduz. Visit the post office to have your passport stamped.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Flawil, Flawil, Canton of St. Gallen
Visit the famous Maestrani chocolate factory and see how many famous Swiss brands are produced and naturally taste the delicious chocolate
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Bruelisau, Bruelisau, Canton of Appenzell
Take a trip up one of the most interesting mountains in Hoher Kasten which will take you up 1794 meters for breath-taking views of Appenzell, Liechtenstein, Austria and Germany. Have a bite to eat at the revolving restaurant and for sure take some super pictures here
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Just where to pick up and where to dropAirports
- Zurich Airport, Zurich 8058 Switzerland
- Rhine River Cruises, Westquaistrasse 62, 4057 Basel, Switzerland
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Typically Swiss Tours adheres to the Clean and Safe Policy developed and managed by Swiss Tourism. Your experience will not be affected greatly and you will still have a lovely day.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.