Apu Salkantay at Machupicchu
WHY TREK SALKANTAY?
The Trek of Salkantay is among the 25 best treks in the world according to National Geographic Adventure Travel magazine.
The Salkantay Trek is without a doubt one of the best trekking adventures you'll find in Peru and the South American continent.
After the Inca Trail, the Salkantay trek is the second most popular trek in Machu Picchu (and much less crowded).
Hiking alongside the magnificent Apu Salkantay and arriving at the ruins of the majestic Machu Picchu is one of the best known experiences of mankind.
Hikers can see natural bridges, snow-capped mountains, colorful valleys, waterfalls, wild animals, unique plants and a cloud forest
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- WiFi on board
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Bottled water
The Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu is an alternative to the Inca Trail and is considered by many travelers as the best alternative (and perhaps even better!). This beautiful trail is perfect for adventurers who want to integrate themselves day by day in changing ecosystems. You will walk through magical and scenic landscapes from a snowy mountain paradise to a tropical jungle, where we can find medicinal plants and varieties of flowers. See with your own eyes a living culture, but old, in remote villages hardly seen foreigners!
In order to complete the Salcantay trek, you must have a reasonable level of physical fitness, but age should not be an obstacle. The most important thing is to get acclimated to the altitude. The highest of your course is 4,650 m. Two days of acclimatization before the trek are perfect for visiting the city of Cusco, its Inca ruins nearby and the sacred valley of the Incas.
• Humantay Lake, Cusco 08002 Peru
• Montana Humantay, Cusco Peru
• Santuario Historico de Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu Peru
Departure Point :Salcantay, 08680, Peru
Traveler pickup is offered
The staff of our agency will pick up all the people registered on this circuit in theirrespective hotels 15 minutes before departure.Airports
- Velazco Astete Airport, Cusco Peru
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.