Archaeological Museum of Naples with an Archaeologist
Explore one of the most important archaeological museums in the world. See treasures from Pompeii and Herculaneum, with frescoes and mosaics from walls of homes as well as statues and ordinary+precious objects from the Roman era.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guided tour by a professional Archaeologist Tourist Guide
What's excluded :
- Admission tickets
- Entry/Admission - Museo Archeologico Nazionale di Napoli
- Visit: Museo Archeologico Nazionale di Napoli, Piazza Museo Nazionale 19, 80135, Naples Italy
Arrive at Naples National Archeological Museum, that houses one of the world’s finest collections of Greek-Roman artefacts. Charles III of Spain founded the museum in the mid-18th century. The building housing the museum at that time had been erected as a horses barracks and at one point was the seat of the University of Naples (1616 to 1777). It hosts extensive collections of Greek and Roman antiquities.
See the museum’s best-known collections as well as new displays like the history of coins and the celebrated Secret Cabinet, the repository of obscene artefacts illustrating the erotic side ancient Romans' life.
See antiques from Herculaneum, Pompeii, Naples, and Santa Maria Capua Vetere on the ground floor.
Next, view the Farnese Collection, with wonderful Toro Farnese and Ercole Farnese.
Observe mosaics from Pompeii.
See the Gabinetto Segreto, with erotic roman artefacts.
At the final floor, view the Meridian Hall with beautiful Pompeian frescoes and objects of everyday lifestyle in ancient Rome.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Museo Archeologico Nazionale di Napoli, Piazza Museo Nazionale 19, 80135, Naples Italy
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Under 18 free fee entrance
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.