Archaeologist-Led Cañada de La Virgen Pyramid Tour
As I (Albert Coffee) guide you through this magical place, where I had the privilege of participating during the 2004 excavation field season, I'll share what I have gleaned through personal hands-on experience and years of study about ancient Mesoamerica, the legends & wisdom of local people.
I am a graduate of Louisiana State University and a federally licensed tour guide. This special tour includes years of documented legends, wisdom & memories of the elders of the ranch communities on and around the historic location. You will hear about each place and its cultural significance as you journey along the path the ancients took to reach the pyramid.
I have taken over 20,000 people on tours since the site opened to the public in 2011. My passion is relating in an enjoyable way information that is just coming to light in an area very recently investigated. I hope to see you soon.
This is "a must do while you’re here…!"
"An experience that can’t be missed."
"Don’t get left behind."
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Bottled water
- Tour by federally-licensed guide
- Entry/Admission - Canada de la Virgen
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Canada de la Virgen, San Miguel de Allende Mexico
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Jardin del Cardo - Salon de Eventos, El Cardo 4, Zona Centro, 37700 San Miguel de Allende, Gto., Mexico
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.