Architectural Gem within Lake Onega - Kizhi Island (High season Private tour)
We offer a boat tour (by hydrofoil) to the heart of Lake Onego (the second-largest lake in Europe) – Kizhi island. The whole island is an open-air museum of wooden architecture and cultural history of the Russian North.
The tiny island of Kizhi is located at the northern end of Lake Onega. The island is renowned for its open-air Museum of Architecture, which is assembled from over 80 monuments of wooden architecture from various areas of the country and restored to form a glimpse of the past.
A one-day trip to Kizhi island is a wonderful opportunity to see all major sights of the famous open-air museum of wooden architecture and cultural history. The core of the museum collection forms the world-known Kizhi Church Ensemble, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
• Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up and drop-off (without a guide)
- English speaking guide services on the island (other languages upon request)
- Tickets to the hydrofoil boat (roundtrip)
- Entrance tickets to museums
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
- Entry/Admission - Kizhi State Open-Air Museum of History, Architecture and Ethnography
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities to guide/driver (optional)
- Soft and alcoholic drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kizhi State Open-Air Museum of History, Architecture and Ethnography, Kirova Sq., 10A, Kizhi 185000 Russia
Our driver will pick you up from the place of your accommodation and take you to the pier where you will begin your adventure.
When you arrive at Kizhi island you will find an ethnographic village where the life of local people of the XIX century is presented. The Museum collection consists of 83 pieces of wooden architecture of local and brought-in origin. The most ancient monument is the Church of the Resurrection of Saint Lazarus (XIV century). The most impressive site on the island is the Church of the Transfiguration or Preobrazhenskaya (the church of twenty-two wooden domes). This masterpiece of architecture, featuring five tiers of 22 domes, was built in 1714 without the use of a single nail, only an axe and pine trees.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You will be picked up from any hotel of Petrozavodsk.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Tour is weather permitting
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.