Architectural Walk of Potsdam with a Local
This Experience is provided by a private local.
Discover the most impressive buildings in Potsdam and learn about each one and its characteristics in this invigorating architectural walk.
Join me on this adventure to discover the beauty and unique characteristics of the city’s most significant buildings and get to know a bit more about the local culture in Germany from my own perspective.
During this walk, you will become better acquainted with the local architecture, while also learning about the way in which this has changed over the years, with the city becoming more modern while still keeping its unique character. You will have the opportunity to recognize among different architectural styles: Rococo, English Gothic and Roman.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- A Local that wants to show you his city!
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses during the Experience
- Food, drinks or snacks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Altes Rathaus, Am Alten Markt 9, 14467 Potsdam, Brandenburg Germany
Let us start at this brilliant government office of Potsdam “Rathaus”
Pass By: Nauen Gate, Nauner Srasse, Potsdam, Brandenburg Germany
In order to be able to arrive at the largest exclusively Dutch housing development outside the Netherland, known as the Dutch Quarter we must pass through the Nauener Gate.
Pass By: Brandenburg Gate (Brandenburger Tor), Luisenplatz, 14467 Potsdam, Brandenburg Germany
A few steps away we will reach the well known Luisenplatz where you will see the Brandenburger Gate surrounded by the beautiful historical buildings.
Pass By: Sanssouci Palace, Maulbeerallee, 14469 Potsdam, Brandenburg Germany
As a next step, you will have the opportunity to admire the historical architecture of the Sanssouci Castle.
Pass By: Sanssouci Park, Zur Historischen Muhle, 14469 Potsdam, Brandenburg Germany
Walking through the Sanssouci Park you will be able to recognize the “Historische Mühle”
Pass By: Orangerie im Park Sanssouci, Maulbeerallee, 14469 Potsdam, Brandenburg Germany
Conclude the tour with a glance at the historical palace “The Orangerie”, with its majestic and elegant Italian Renaissance Style
Departure Point :Friedrich-Ebert-Straße 80, 14469 Potsdam, Germany
Return Detail :An der Orangerie 3, 14469 Potsdam, Germany
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.