Architecture Walk Rotterdam Private Group Tour
We will highlight the ways in which historical and ultramodern building combine to give Rotterdam its unique and lively architectural character. See the Market Hall, the famous Cube Houses, the White house and House Sonneveld which is one of the best-preserved homes built in the Dutch Functionalist style. During the tour you will get an impression of architectural innovation that changed the skyline of Rotterdam since WW2.
The guide will point out the works of famous architects such as Winy Maas, designer of the Market Hall, Francien Houben of the Mecanoo architecture firm, and OMA’s Rem Koolhaas, known for his Carpentry House (‘Timmerhuis’).
This architecture city walk can be expanded with a visit to the New Institute, the museum for architecture, design and digital culture.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- The White House, first skyscraper of Europe
- See the remarkable Cube houses of Rotterdam
- Market Hall, watch the 11.000 m2 artwork by Arno Coenen, named the Horn of Plenty
- City hall & garden Rotterdam
- St. Lawrence Church;the only remaining building of the medieval city center
- Lijnbaan: Europe's first pedestrianized shopping streets… and much more!
- Entry/Admission - Witte Huis
What's excluded :
- Guide: Chinese, Russian, Portugues, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish; extra cost.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Markthal, Dominee Jan Scharpstraat 298, 3011 GZ Rotterdam The Netherlands
The inside of the building is adorned with an 11.000 m2 artwork by Arno Coenen, named the Horn of Plenty
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Kubuswoningen, Blaak 233, 3011 GB Rotterdam, Netherlands
The Cube Houses
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Witte Huis, Geldersekade 1C, 3011 WB Rotterdam The Netherlands
This extensive town walk concludes with an exclusive visit to the White House, the first skyscraper in Europe. From its roof garden you have a splendid view of the city, the old harbours, the southern part of Rotterdam and of the Nieuwe Maas river.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Rotterdam Centraal, Stationsplein 2, 3013 AJ Rotterdam, Netherlands
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick you up from any hotel centrally located in RotterdamPorts
- Cruiseterminal Wilhelminakade Rotterdam
Return Detail :Market Hall, Markthal, Verlengde Nieuwstraat, 3011 MD Rotterdam, Netherlands
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.