Arenal Volcano to El Castillo Bike Tour
On this 26km ride you will enjoy being surrounded by lush rain forest that is rich in a variety of flora and fauna. Along the ride there is often the opportunity to see howling monkeys, coatis, and birds like toucans, egrets and king fishers. This ride takes place on a gravel road, making it accessible to all levels of riders. The road connects the Arenal Volcano National Park to Lake Arenal, passing through the small town of El Castillo along the way to our destination. This is one of the towns that was affected by the 1968 eruption. Our guides will share more about the history of this area and the effects of the eruption along the ride. On route you will be able to cross various rivers which offer the perfect opportunity to cool down and admire the scenic beauty of this destination. Enjoy the beautiful views of the iconic Arenal Volcano (weather dependent) and a snack right on the shore of Lake Arenal, the largest man-made lake in Central America.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Zone 1 hotels only)
What's excluded :
- Be picked up from your Zone 1 and prepare for a wonderful bike riding experience from Arenal to El Castillo, approximately 16m (26km).Take the old road connecting Arenal Dam with the main entrance to Arenal Volcano National Park. Enjoy beautiful views of the National Park with Arenal Volcano in the background. Ride toward the village of El Castillo. Cycle along a quiet lane surrounded by dense forest and cattle farms. Catch a glimpse of the famous howling monkeys and birds, like toucans, egrets and Kingfishers. Stop for a picnic lunch on the shore of Lake Arenal. Jump into the cool water of Lake Arenal.
Hop back onto your bike and begin your return. Take time along the way to admire the Arenal Volcano. Listen for volcanic activity during your ride.
Return to your hotel at the end of your tour.
Departure Point :La Fortuna hotels in Zone 1
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.