Arenal Volcano Walk
The Arenal Volcano 1968 Park and other reserves along the border of the National Park are one of the most visited places in all of Central America.
We’ll hike through well-groomed, easy trails that skirt the base of the Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal Area.
This part of the Arenal Volcano had sections that were devastated by the lava flow of 1968, so some areas have very little vegetation. Enjoy an extraordinary 1.5-hour rainforest natural history walk with our knowledgable
This guided walk provides perfect photo opportunities and magnificent views of the impressive Arenal Volcano, the pristine Lake Arenal and the extinct volcano Cerro Chato.
We have chosen the appropriate trail for better wildlife viewing. There are parts of each trail that has forested areas where your nature guide will try to spot birds, monkeys and other animals in their natural habitat.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Entrance to private reserve
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Arenal 1968 Volcano View & Trails, 1.5 km al Sur de la interseccion hacia El Castillo, La Fortuna, San Carlos, Alajuela, Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos 21007 Costa Rica
Get as close as possible to the volcano while hiking through well-maintained paths that weave through the lush Costa Rican rain forest. Our nature guide will point out exotic plants and wildlife and explain the history of this fascinating volcano and area of Costa Rica.
Pass By: Lake Arenal, Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos Costa Rica
Take a panoramic look to the amazing second largest lake of Central America. Our experts will provide information of this stunning place.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We have an extra transport charge for hotels outside of our normal pick-up zone.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Ask about our "Pure Private - Pura Vida" upgrades to make your tour completely PRIVATE. We also have locally-handmade, 3-ply fabric masks and plastic masks for sale. Let us know if there is anything we can assist with for making your travels as safe & comfortable as possible.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.