Art and Architecture Walking Tour in Rotterdam - guided by Architects
Art and Architecture Walk is a guided walking tour that introduces the open air art collection of Rotterdam along with the must see architecture highlights of the city. The guides are local architects and artists.
The architecture capital of the Netherlands has also an amazing treasury of outdoor art, thoughtfully bonded to the urban fabric and it’s buildings.
The tour follows architecture icons like Central Station, Theater square and the Lijnbaan post war area. We present The Museum Quarter with the new rising icon – The Depot of Museum Boijmans. On the route there is a series of art dedicated to the drama of the bombarded city, a fresh mix of street art, a spread of art masterpieces whose artists names speak for themselves: Henry Moore, Roden, Picasso. Our guide brings you to the most popular art venue – the young, avant-garde Witte de Wit street.
The tour includes the area of the Cube Houses and ends in the Markthal where art and architecture combine in a spectacular way!
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Snacks - Due to Covid19 measures we temporary don't offer our traditional Dutch cookie to the travellers.
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rotterdam Centraal, Stationsplein 2, 3013 AJ Rotterdam, Netherlands
Meet your knowlage guide by the spectacular new gate of Rotterdam, the recently built Central Station where you will get an introduction about the harbour city
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Beeldenroute Westersingel, Westersingel, Rotterdam The Netherlands
Pleasant walk along a typically dutch canal following an sculpture route mixed with outstanding architecture
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen, Museum Park 18-20, 3015 CX Rotterdam The Netherlands
your guide will introduce you Museum Quarter area with the new rising icon – The Depot of Museum Boijmans
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Witte de Withstraat, 3012 BT Rotterdam The Netherlands
Cross the most lively and creative street of Rotterdam
Stop At: Markthal, Dominee Jan Scharpstraat 298, 3011 GZ Rotterdam The Netherlands
Finish your tour in the Markhal and the Cubic Houses area
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Rotterdam Centraal, Stationsplein 2, 3013 AJ Rotterdam, Netherlands
Departure Time :1:30 PM
Return Detail :Market Hall, Markthal, Verlengde Nieuwstraat, 3011 MD Rotterdam, Netherlands
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.