Assisi (St. Francis & St. Claire) - Private Day Tour from Rome
Assisi represents an ensemble of masterpieces of human creative genius such as the Basilica of St. Francis, a fundamental reference for art history in the world. The diffusion of the artistic and spiritual message of the Franciscan Order of the Franciscan Order Assisi is a unique example of continuity of a city sanctuary in its natural environment. The Basilica of St. Clare of Assisi, contains precious frescos dating back to the 12th to the 14th century. In the chapel of the Crucifix which, would have invited St. Francis in the church of St. Damian in order to "reset up the Church". of Assisi and some relics particularly well preserved.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up and drop off with luxury transportation and private chauffeur;
- Private English-speaking tour escort at your disposal;
- Entrance tickets at St. Francis Basilica in Assisi
- Entrance tickets at the "Porziuncola" Chapel in Assisi
- Entrance tickets to the Basilica of Santa Chiara in Assisi
- Entry/Admission - Basilica Papale e Sacro Convento di San Francesco d'Assisi
- Entry/Admission - Museo della Porziuncola
- Entry/Admission - Basilica di Santa Chiara
What's excluded :
- Food and beverages;
- Gratuities (Optional).
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Basilica Papale e Sacro Convento di San Francesco d'Assisi, Piazza S. Francesco, 2, 06081, Assisi Italy
Assisi, a medieval city built on a hill, is the birthplace of Saint Francis, closely associated with the work of the Franciscan Order. Its medieval art masterpieces, such as the Basilica of San Francesco and paintings by Cimabue and Giotto, have made Assisi a fundamental reference point for the development of Italian and European art and architecture. After Saint Francis and Saint Clare died, churches were built in their honor. The Church of Saint Francis, called the Basilica of Saint Francis of Assisi, is famous as his burial place. It is also famous for the fresco paintings on the walls and ceilings. Many visitors go to Assisi on pilgrimage. Assisi is included in the UNESCO World Heritage Site in the year 2000.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Museo della Porziuncola, Piazza della Porziuncola 2 Basilica Papale di Santa Maria degli Angeli, 06081 Santa Maria degli Angeli, Assisi Italy
Porziuncola, is a small Catholic church located within the Papal Basilica of Saint Mary of the Angels in Assisi in Assisi. It is the place where the Franciscan movement started.
The name Porziuncola (meaning "small portion of land") was found in the portion of land ("Portiuncula") belonging to the Order of Saint Benedict of Monte Subasio. Later, the name of the land passed to the little church itself.  Abandoned in a wood of oak trees.
After a pilgrimage to Rome, where he had a picture of Jesus Christ in the wayside chapel of San Damiano, in which the Icon of Christ Crucified "Francis, Francis, go and repair My house which, as you can see, is falling into ruins". Francis took this literally to the ruined church and to assist the priest there for this purpose. His father Pietro, highly indignant, sought restitution. After a final interview in the bishop, Francis renounced his father and his patrimony, laying aside even the garments he had received from him. For the next couple of months lived in the region of Assisi. Returning to the town for two years, the little chapel of St Mary of the Angels, just outside the town.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Basilica di Santa Chiara, Piazza Santa Chiara, 06081, Assisi Italy
The Basilica of St. Clare of Assisi, realized with the typical stone from the quarry of the Subasio mountain, contains precious frescos dating back to the XIIth to the XIVth century.
In the chapel of the right, along the unique ship of St. Clare of Assisi, finishing in transept and polygonal apse, order to "reset up the Church" .This chapel and the following one is the most ancient part of the edifice. In the crypt we have preserved the land of St. Clare of Assisi and some relics particularly well preserved: among them is a frock of St. Francis and a cloth realized by St. Clare.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up at 8:00 am at your accomodation (hotel, B&B, apartment). Please confirm us the pick up address.N.B .: If your accomodation is not in the area indicated on the above map, send us a message to arrange your pick up.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when shared with 2 paying adults;
- Wheelchair available upon request. Please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required.
- Dress code required in churches: knees and shoulders must be covered
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.