Aswan: Private Guided Tour to High Dam, The Obelisk & Philae Temple by Boat
Explore three of Aswan's most popular and well known sites. Walk on the High Dam which separates Lake Nasser from the Nile, be astounded at the size of the Unfinished Obelisk, and enjoy the beauty of Philae Temple's island location.
Visit the Philae Temple, built in honor of the goddess Isis
Enjoy a visit to the magnificent Unfinished Obelisk
View the High Dam of Aswan – a miracle of engineering
Marvel at the River Nile from a motor boat
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All transfers and pick ups from/ to your hotel
- Transport by air-conditioned modern vehicle
- Qualified tour guide ( Choose your own language )
- Nile tour by motor boat to visit Phiale temple
- Bottle of water for each participant
- Service , Taxes , Fuel Surcharge , Parking and Landing Fees
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees to all the mentioned sightseeing
- Entry/Admission - Aswan High Dam
- Entry/Admission - Unfinished Obelisk
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Philae
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Aswan High Dam, Manteqet As Sad Al Aali, Aswan Egypt
Start your day tour in Aswan by getting picked up from your hotel or cruise ship and drive to the High Dam of Aswan, an engineering miracle when it was built in the 1960s. From the top of the High Dam you can gaze across Lake Nasser to the Kalabsha temple in the south and the huge power station to the north.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Unfinished Obelisk, Sheyakhah Oula, Aswan Egypt
Continue to the Unfinished Obelisk in the granite quarries of Aswan, where much of the red granite used for ancient temples and colossi came from. The Unfinished Obelisk still lies where it was carved when a crack was discovered as it was being hewn from the rock. Your qualified Egyptologist guide will explain how the 1 ton obelisk was carved, and why the crack caused it to be abandoned.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Temple of Philae, Island of Agilika, Aswan Egypt
The last of the 3 famous Aswan sites you will see is generally regarded as the best. Philae Temple was carefully moved to its current location (around 500 meters from the original site) when the construction of the High Dam caused surrounding Nile waters to rise. A short motorboat ride takes you to the island, where your guide will take you on a walking tour through the temple before allowing you free time to explore further on your own.
Dedicated to the goddess Isis, Philae Temple has a beautiful setting on an island in the river which has been landscaped to match its original site.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Aswan, Aswan, Aswan Governorate, Nile River Valley
After finishing your tour, you'll be dropped off your hotel or Nile cruise in Aswan.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your accommodation in Aswan ( Hotel or Nile Cruise ,, etc )Please send us the name of your accommodation and room number if exists when you check in
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- The start and end times for this tour can be flexible to suit your needs
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Please bring: Sunglasses , a hat or head scarf and wear light clothes Your Camera
- Student card (it gives 50% discount from adult rate for all the Entrance fees in Egypt)
- Note: The Egyptian government accepts only Egyptian pounds for all entrance fees around Egypt
- Lunch is available with different options for extra small cost
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.