Aswan to Abu Simbel - Full Day Private Tour Nubian Monuments of Abu Simbel
You will be picked up (between 03.00/04.00AM) from your hotel/Nile cruiser in Aswan to drive south through the desert to Abu Simbel. 3,000 years ago Ramses II build these monumental temples for himself and his beloved wife Nefertari. The walls are adorned with scenes of his victory at the Battle of Kadesh. The facade of the Great Temple is 35m high and 30m long. On February 22 and October 22 sunlight penetrates the inner sanctuary to illuminate 3 statues at the back wall. Only the 4th statue of Ptah, God of the Underworld, remains in darkness. The Smaller Temple is dedicated to Nefertari, depicted as the Goddesses Isis and Hathor.
From 1964-68, UNESCO set forth an initiative to move both temples to a plateau on the cliffs to protect them from flooding. The temples were dismantled, moved 60m up the sandstone cliff that they originally stood on and were then reassembled. After gazing at these Nubian Monuments, you will have lunch and be brought back to your accommodation in Aswan.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Lunch - Lunch will be taken at a good local restaurant (food only)
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Abu Simbel Temple Complex
What's excluded :
- Tips and personal spending
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Abu Simbel Temple Complex, Abu Simbel, Abu Simbel Egypt
An absolute must see in Egypt is the magnificent temple complex of Abu Simbel, commissioned 3,000 years ago by Ramses II for himself and his beloved wife Nefertari. The impressive structures commemorate his victory at the Battle of Kardesh and they were meant to impress his enemies in the south. The facade of the Great Temple is 35m high and 30m long. The Great Temple was constructed on the position of the sun. On February 22 and October 22 sunlight penetrates 55m into the inner sanctuary to illuminate 3 of the statues at the back wall. Only the 4th statue of Ptah, the god of the Underworld, remains in darkness all year round. The Smaller Temple is completely dedicated to Nefertari and her being crowned as the Goddesses Isis and Hathor.
From 1964-1968, UNESCO started an initiative to move both the Great Temple and the Small Temple to a plateau on the cliffs to safe them from flooding. The temples were dismantled, moved 60 meters up the sandstone cliff that they originally stood on and were then reassembled. Near the re-erected temples now stands a man made dome, which houses an exhibit of photographs, detailing the entire relocation.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :1: Aswan, Aswan Governorate, Egypt
2: Sofitel Legend Old Cataract Aswan, Abtal El Tahrir, Street, شياخة أولى، اول اسوان، أسوان 81511, Egypt
3: Pyramisa Island Hotel Aswan, Aswan Island, Sheyakhah Oula, Aswan First, Aswan Governorate 81511, Egypt
4: Mövenpick Resort Aswan, Elephantine Island, Sheyakhah Oula, Aswan First, Aswan Governorate, Egypt
5: Citymax Hotel Aswan, Kornish Al Nile, Sheyakhah Thalethah, Qism Aswan, Aswan Governorate, Egypt
6: TOLIP Hotel Aswan, Kornish Al Nile, الكورنيش، Qism Aswan, Aswan Governorate, Egypt
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Blue Heaven Travel has worked tirelessly to ensure the health and safety of our guests. We have taken all security measures according to the guidelines of the Ministry of Tourism to guarantee a safe and wonderful experience for our guests.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.