Athens Mythology Highlights Tour in 4 hrs: Acropolis, Acropolis Museum and more.
Skip-the-lines and see Athens’ most important landmarks in 4 hours, learning all about the myths behind them. Travel back in time to Ancient Greece, and discover the greatest landmarks of Athens.
Explore more than 3,000 years of history and Greek mythology and take a closer look at significant details on historical buildings, including beautiful old chapels and numerous other monuments. In the most unique part of the city, Plaka and Anafiotika, stroll around the little alleys and admire the white washed cubic houses with bright painted shutters and beautifully carved wooden doors, a typical Cycladic architecture.
No visit to Athens is complete without discovering the Acropolis museum which is housed in one of the most important works of contemporary architecture. Main attractions such as artifacts of every day life, statues from archaic period, Caryatids, and the majestic Parthenon hall with the metopes, the pediments and the frieze, will definitely have you impressed.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- WiFi on board
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- mobile chargers
- Private transportation
- Mercedes benz vehicles equipped with A/C, Child Seats.
- English speaking professional driver with basic knowledge of what you are seeing.
What's excluded :
- Entry fees to the archaeological site(s)
- Cost of meal
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Olympian Zeus
- Entry/Admission - Acropolis
- Entry/Admission - Acropolis Museum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Panathenaic Stadium, Vassileos Konstantinou Avenue opposite the statue of Myron Discobolus, Athens 116 35 Greece
Panathenaic Stadium or else known as Kallimarmaro stadium – the oldest in operation stadium of the world, where the Olympics Games have been held three times.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Temple of Olympian Zeus, Leoforos Vasilissis Olgas Leoforos Amalias, Athens 105 57 Greece
Like the Acropolis, the temple of Olympian Zeus has been a distinctive Athenian landmark since time immemorial. The Pillars of Olympian Zeus, the outdoor ancient temple of Athena. The Temple of Olympian Zeus is a half-complete temple dedicated to Zeus, chief of Olympian Gods. It’s impressive history and destruction make the site interesting to study and its size a popular tourist attraction. It’s surrounded by other monuments, such as the Kallimarmaro stadium, the Hadrian’s Arch, and Zappeion Megaron. It’s within walking distance from the Athens center, 500 m east of the Acropolis and south from the Syntagma Square.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Hellenic Parliament, Parliament Mansion, Athens GR-10021 Greece
The Greek Parliament, the old Palace of king Othon which is located in Syntagma Square and the Unknown Soldier Monument which is guarded 24 hours a day by the Presidential Guard.
Pass By: National Library of Greece, 32 Panepistimiou Street, Athens 106 79 Greece
The National Library of Greece is the leading custodian and administrator of the Hellenic intellectual reserve.It was founded by Ioannis Kapodistrias in 1829 and its course is parallel to the history of the Greek state.
Pass By: The Academy of Athens, 28 Panepistimiou Avenue, Athens 106 79 Greece
5. The Academy of Athens is a intellectual institution with the aim of cultivating and promoting Science, Literature and the Fine Arts, as well as scientific research and study.
Stop At: Acropolis, via Dionysiou Areopagitou str., Athens 105 58 Greece
The Acropolis of Athens is a rocky hill 156 meters above sea level and approximately 70 meters above the level of the city of Athens.The Parthenon is a temple built in honor of the goddess Athena, patroness of the city of Athens. Τhe architects who worked were Iktinos, Kallikratis and possibly Phidias (5th century BC). Finally, we wili see the Erechtheion with the famous Karyatidis and the Propylaea.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Anafiotika, Anafiotika, Athens, Attica
In the most unique part of the city, Plaka and Anafiotika, stroll around the little alleys and admire the white washed cubic houses with bright painted shutters and beautifully carved wooden doors, a typical Cycladic architecture. Find hidden gems of unspoiled beauty and magnificent views and learn secrets unknown even to many Athenians. Encounter unspoiled beauty and get magnificent views from unexpected places as you make your way to the Acropolis.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Acropolis Museum, Dionysiou Areopagitou 15, Athens 117 42 Greece
The Acropolis Museum is an archaeological museum focused on the findings of the archaeological site of the Acropolis of Athens. The museum was built to house every object found on the Acropolis sacred rock and at its foot, covering a wide period from the Mycenaean period to Roman and Early Christian Athens while at the same time being located on the archaeological site of Makrigianni Byzantine Athens. The museum was founded on June 20th, 2009.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The vehicle will pick you up at the meeting point. In the case of not being able to find the driverplease contact the emergency number that appears on your voucher. It's very easy to spot our drivers. The transfer service will be waiting for you at the airport arrivals with a sign displaying your name.Airports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
- Piraeus port, Pireas 185 38, Greece
- Rafina port, Rafinas, Rafina 190 09, Greece
- Lavrio Port Authority S.A., Ακτή Α. Παπανδρέου, Λιμάνι, Λαύριο, 19500, Lavrio 195 00, Greece
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.