Atherton Tablelands Rain Forest by Night from Cairns
See Australia's unique animals and birds in their natural environment on a rainforest wildlife-spotting tour in the Atherton Tablelands. Led by an expert nature guide, your small-group nocturnal tour visits a number of locations including lush tropical rainforest and a volcanic crater lake. See tree kangaroos, lizards and musky rat kangaroo by day, and search for platypus at dusk. Enjoy afternoon tea at Lake Barrine and dinner at a country restaurant, then go spotlighting for possum, bandicoots, owls, bats and tree kangaroos by starlight on this fascinating nocturnal wildlife tour.
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Afternoon tea
- National Park fee
- All equipment (binoculars, spotlighting gear, rain ponchos, reference materials)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Atherton Tablelands, Cairns, Queensland Australia
There is no better place close to Cairns to see some of the rarest animals in Australia in the wild. We spend the majority of our tour exploring the region searching for wildlife.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Curtain Fig National Park, Yungaburra, Queensland Australia
We take you to this amazing natural spectacle during the night walk section of our tour. The sites and sound of the rainforest at night is an experience you will not forget.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Yungaburra, Yungaburra, Queensland
Our tour is centred around the picturesque village of Yungaburra and the surrounding countryside. It is also where we get dinner.
Stop At: Lake Barrine, Yungaburra, Queensland Australia
During the tour we take a break for afternoon tea and there is no better setting than Lake Barrine to enjoy it. Afterwards we take a slow walk through the surrounding forest searching for Forest Dragons and Musky Rat Kangaroos!
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any location and type of accommodation in and around the city of Cairns. Ports
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please wear closed toe shoes and a jacket for night time.
- A moderate amount of walking is involve. Low fitness level required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please bring insect spray as this is not provided
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Reduced numbers on tour
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.