Atlanta Black History and Civil Rights Tour
Join us as we unfold time with this exciting Black History and Civil Rights tour. What better place to delve into African-American heritage than the home of the Civil Rights Movement? Showcasing historic sites and most talked about black historic neighborhoods like Summerhill, The West End, Downtown Atlanta and the Historic Sweet Auburn Ave District. During this 4 hour tour you will be immersed in black culture & arts, civil rights landmarks, groundbreaking HBCU’s, Tyler Perry Studios, along with famous hollywood Film & TV locations and more. These are some of the reasons Atlanta is known as the Black Mecca and one of the top destinations for Black History & Culture. This tour goes further than any other tour, allowing you to fully experience the historical and cultural significance of our groundbreaking city.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Complimentary hotel or AirBnB pickup & drop-off (within 4.5 mile radius from Westin Peachtree Plaza
- 3 stops for exploring and selfies (lunch stop is optional)
- Driver/ Local Tour guide
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (suggested)
- Child Car Seat
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Georgia State Capitol, 206 Washington St SW Capitol Square, Room 214, Atlanta, GA 30334-9007
Atlanta Government Center
Fulton County Courthouse
Pass By: Underground Atlanta, 50 Upper Alabama St SW, Atlanta, GA 30303-3192
Heart of Atlanta
Stop At: Atlanta Olympic Cauldron Tower, 513-637 Capitol Ave SE, Atlanta, GA 30312
Pass by the Olympic Torch & Stadium and relive the 1996 olympic moments. Amazing unknown facts!
Duration: 3 minutes
Stop At: Tyler Perry Studios, 315 Deshler St SW, Atlanta, GA 30310, USA
Fun Stop for selfies and group photos
See the original Madea’s House
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Atlanta University Center Historic District, Atlanta, GA 30314, USA
*West End Atlanta (one of Atlanta’s spiritually rich neighborhoods)
Beautiful Arts Murals
HBCU’s: Morehouse College, Spellman College, Clark Atlanta University, Morris Brown College, Interdenominational Theological Center
Famous Film locations
Pass By: Shrine of the Black Madonna, Atlanta, GA 30310, USA
Atlanta oldest bookstore and culture center
*Great street art murals and famous black-owned businesses
Pass By: Castleberry Hill Historic District, Atlanta, GA 30313, USA
Atlanta’s hidden jewel for eclectic, laid-back, rich art scenery.
Old Lady Gang Restaurant
The Glam Shop
The Castleberry filming Back lot of famous movies & tv shows
Pass By: Mercedes Benz Stadium, 1 Amb Dr NW, Atlanta, GA 30313-1501
Great view of CNN Center, State Farm Arena, and Atlanta's beautiful skyline
*Lunch stop option
Pass By: Sweet Auburn Ave, Atlanta, GA
Once Atlanta’s richest Negro Street in the world.
Woodruff Park, Atlanta Daily World (1st black daily newspaper)
Atlanta Life, Apex Museum, Royal Peacock SCLC Headquarters
Stop At: The Municipal Market, 209 Edgewood Ave SE, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
*Atlanta’s historic gem! Great food and snack options
Butler Street YMCA
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site, 450 Auburn Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30312-1504
Home to one of the greatest freedom fighters, Dr. MLK Jr!
Ebenezer Baptist Church
MLK’s Birth Home
The King Center
The Visitors Center
Duration: 40 minutes
Pass By: Edgewood Avenue Southeast, Edgewood Ave SE, Atlanta, GA, USA
Historic Old 4th Ward District known for beautiful street art murals and ecletic bar district.
The Swag Shop
Puff & Pedals Lounge
Harold’s Chicken & Ice Bar
BQE Restuarant & Lounge
Departure Point :West End Station, W End Station, Atlanta, GA 30310, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
We provide complimentary pickup at local area hotels at Downtown Atlanta and Midtown Atlanta or meet-up at the starting location at West End Marta Station. There is additional fee for pickup request for Atlanta Airport area, Buckhead Atlanta or areas close to I-285 perimeter.
Return Detail :West End Station, W End Station, Atlanta, GA 30310, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- The West End Marta Station is the meet-up location for travelers lodging outside of the Downtown Atlanta and Midtown zone.
- Most travelers can participate
- Additional fee for pickup request for the Atlanta Airport area, Buckhead Atlanta or areas close to I-285 perimeter.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.