Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Trip from Krakow
The Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum & Memorial in Oświęcim, about 70 km from Krakow, was created on the grounds of the former Nazi German concentration camp. It is the most recognizable symbol of the Holocaust and human genocide in the world. The Memorial Site is an area of almost 200 ha, over 150 buildings, and about 300 ruins, including remains of gas chambers and crematoria destroyed by the German Nazis.
The trip includes permanent exhibitions, original buildings of the main Auschwitz camp and the most important buildings of the Auschwitz (II) - Birkenau camp. Join a group of up to 30 fellow travellers and explore this harrowing period in human history led by a professional English-speaking guide. The price includes pickup from your accommodation or one of the meeting points, an admission ticket, a tour with a professional guide in English, a drink and transport back to Krakow. You can choose to end your trip at one of 5 central drop-off points.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Door to door service (except "guided tour without transfer" option)
- Professional English-speaking driver or tour pilot
- Guided tour with headsets
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional guide, museum employee
- Bottled water - Each tour option includes a choice of drinks. Guests can note their choice in the special requirements field. If not they will receive still water by default (Bottled water)
- WiFi on board
- All Fees and Taxes
- Lunch - Lunch box (classic or vegan) - excluded only in "guided tour without transfer" option
- Entry/Admission - Panstwowe Muzeum Auschwitz-Birkenau
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Panstwowe Muzeum Auschwitz-Birkenau, ul. Wiezniow Oswiecimia 20 Entrance to the Museum is located at Stanisławy Leszczyńskiej Str. no. 11, Oswiecim 32-603 Poland
Due to the length of this trip or the tour option, the duration may vary. Getting to the Museum from Krakow takes about an hour and a half. The visit takes place in groups of 30 people. After a short break before entering the museum, the visit in Auschwitz I takes about two hours and after a second 15-minute break, another hour in Auschwitz II-Birkenau.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :1: Plac Bohaterów Getta, Kraków, Poland
2: Starowiślna 65, 31-052 Kraków, Poland
3: Wielopole 2, 31-072 Kraków, Poland
4: Pawia 4, 31-154 Kraków, Poland
5: Garbarska 2, 31-131 Kraków, Poland
6: Straszewskiego 14, 33-332 Kraków, Poland
7: Sheraton Grand Krakow, Powiśle 7, 31-101 Kraków, Poland
8: Novotel Krakow Centrum, Tadeusza Kościuszki 5, 30-105 Kraków, Poland
9: Euronet Polska Sp. z o. o., Stanisławy Leszczyńskiej 16, 32-600 Oświęcim, Poland
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup is offered from Your Hotel/Hostel/Apart and 8 comfortable meeting points. Customers may select a point from the list or enter their accommodation address manually.Upon return, it is possible to stop at one of 4 central drop-off points, in the main districts of Krakow. Meeting and drop-off points are visible on the map in the link.Customers will receive a message with the exact departure time until 7 pm on the day before the activity. We kindly ask that guests wait outside, in front of the entrance 5 minutes before departure. The driver will wait no longer than 15 minutes after the specified departure time.At the end of the trip, customers may return to the one of 4 droop off location from the map in Krakow.
Return Detail :1: Novotel Krakow Centrum, Tadeusza Kościuszki 5, 30-105 Kraków, Poland
2: Straszewskiego 14, 33-332 Kraków, Poland
3: Plac Bohaterów Getta, Kraków, Poland
4: Starowiślna 65, 31-052 Kraków, Poland
5: Wielopole 2, 31-072 Kraków, Poland
6: Pawia 4, 31-154 Kraków, Poland
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- A considerate amount of walking is involved
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Bags and backpacks larger than 30x20x10 cm are not allowed on the museum grounds. You may store luggage in the vehicles free of charge.
- Youth between 18 and 26 years must present a valid student ID on the day of the activity.
- Please, provide exact name and surname from your passports/documents (we need this to reserve your tickets in the museum)
- Not recommended for children under 14 years of age
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.